July 2011 Moms

Hello I'm new

Hello, I just found out a few days ago that I am expecting. I am still waiting for my first appointment (not very patiently). Based on when I ovulated my due date is July 27th (But they determine it based on LMP and so my due date according to the Dr. is July 29th). Funny thing is, based on their due date I am 3 weeks and 6 days and I shouldn't know that I am pg yet. Anyway, thought I would say hi. I don't know about anyone else, but I have never been the type of person to worry until I found out I was pg. Now I am trying to force myself not to worry about my baby, and to trust that everything will be fine from my first u/s til he/she is born. Any advice to help me not worry so much.

Re: Hello I'm new

• Congrats! We're due date buddies (based on the 27th). 

• Hello!

I'm worrying too - less so about the baby and pregnancy, but more about our finances, living situation, etc. I have to keep telling myself that my worrying won't change anything or do any good, and then get myself busy with something else to stay distracted.

H&H 9 months!

image image
    D: Born 7.14.11
    Baby #2: BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
    O: Born 3.2.14 (med-free!)
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you! You too! Have you been to your first appointment yet?
  • Congrats!!!

I have no advice on how not to worry.  Im in the same boat.  Just hang tight and maybe imagine yourself with a big old pregnancy belly to stay positive?  Thats not working for me, but if could for you. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic baby development
    SURPRISE! Here comes #3! 
  • Congratulations and welcome to the board!  It is very natural to worry.  I just try to remember that worrying won't change anything, and to enjoy each day of this pregnancy. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I will keep working at it, and hopefully my appointment will be soon. I think even seeing  that the baby is there might calm me down.
  • Congratulations and Welcome! H&H 9 months! Unfortunately the worry is just beginning. I think it's a rite of passage as we become mothers. :)
    Isaac Levi 4/26/09 : BFP#2 - MC 9w : Ezra John 6/26/11 : Miriam Joy 4/12/13 : Naomi Ann 9/2/14

• Congrats! We have the same due date. Hope your stay here is long and stress free!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker M/C June 2010 at 9weeks 3days
  • Thank you ladies. And I guess you are right. The worrying doesn't stop here.

• Congrats!  No tips on not worrying... I am just try to repeat to myself that millions and millions of women have healthy babies all the time.  Why shouldn't I be one of them?  Admittedly, it's not working that well :)  Good luck. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats and welcome to the board! I have no advice to help with the worrying ... I worry like the best of 'em!  (((HUGS))) Your appt. will be here before you know it!
    Married ~ DD 2004 ~ 2 2nd tri losses ~ DS 2011 5 weeks 1 day early ~ DD2 2012
  • Thank you ladies. I have been doing better with the worrying. I took another test today just to make myself feel better, and it came back strong. The line that says I'm pg was darker than the control line. Helped a bit. My first appointment is Thursday :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"