3rd Trimester

Positive Strep B Test

I was devestated when I found out....but apparently %60 of women are and that all you have to do is take antibiotics. But I still feel like I did something wrong....

Re: Positive Strep B Test

• I had it with DD.  There's nothing to it.  You just get antibiotics.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah - no biggie.  My doc said there's no ryhme or reason to who has it & who doesn't.  So don't feel like you're dirty or something.

You get the antibiotics & you're good to go!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I've got it too. I was a little surprised, but whatever.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had GBS with DS. You just get antibiotics during labor through an iv. It caught me off guard when my test came back positive but once your in labor, it will be the last thing on your mind.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Don't feel bad. It's nothing that you did wrong, some women just have it. They will give you antibiotics when you deliver to make sure baby doesn't get it.
    TTC #2 since 09/2016
    BFP 11/29 - m/c @ 5w
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageMadison830:

The nurse in my OB's office explained to me that the bacteria is a natural bacteria (remember not all bacteria is "bad") that naturally lives in that area. She said you could test negative at one appointment and two weeks later test positive, there's no rhyme or reason for it. 

Don't worry about it - you did nothing wrong, you're just a normal healthy woman! :)   

Thank you! That made me feel alot better.

• It's not a big deal. I had it with DD and I've already tested positive for it this time. I'll just get antibiotics when I go into labor.
    IMG_5889 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It's not a big deal at all.  I know tons of people who have it.  I had it with DS and they just gave me antibiotics at the hospital.  It's not even worth worrying about unless you were planning an unmedicated home birth or something.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just had my test today...waiting for the results.  Glad to see it's not that big of a deal if it comes back positive.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I tested positive too.  I had a flash of guilt, but I got over it quickly.  Not much that I can do about it now anyway.  Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"