January 2011 Moms

What about DH?

So, I have seen the many posts and links about packing for yourself and LO for the hospital.  What about DH??  What did/will yours pack (or you pack for him) and what did he wish he had that he didn't?  I feel like I sometimes forget about him Embarrassed so I wanna make sure he has what he needs too!  TIA!

Re: What about DH?

• We did not pack anything for DH. However, we live really close to the hospital and he stopped home for a little bit everyday to let the dogs in/out.

If that's not an option and you're further away, I'd say just clothes would be sufficient.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just registered at the hospital yesteday. They said all he needs are his blanket and pillow, his own clothes/toiletries and his own food.

He now thinks he will be bringing beer and having a party in there. I dont know why.

I will also make sure he has some magazines so he doesnt get bored.

Thats it

• Loading the player...
  • The biggest things were, toothbrush, deodorant, clothes and a pillow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We'll be packing the following for DH:

A change of clothes

Snacks (he tends to get a little grumpy without food)

Some type of fan - without "air flow" in a stressful situation, I could see him being of no help to me! 

A blanket/pillow (which will probably stay in the car until we are moved to our post-partum room) 

Change for vending machines

Charger for his cell phone

His laptop (again - will prob stay in car until after baby comes)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We were told by the hospital, that he should have comfy clothes (he will be staying the whole time with me) toiletries, snacks, and things for him to do as well.

With the comfy clothes they advised to have those even if he is not staying the night since he could possibly be at work and then come to the hospital and who wants to be in their work clothes for a long time

• Clothes, a camera and a good book? I dunno, we live really close to the hospital so I feel like he has the luxury of heading home to pick up something he forgot.
  • he wont need as much stuff as we do but just in case extra shirt, pants/shorts, underwear  toiletries etc extra blanket and pillow, snacks. I'm pretty sure he will be taking his lap top if not be entertained with his phone so not too worried about taking him a book or what not. I dont think he wil be allowed to take a shower there but if he were then towel etc.
  • I really don't think he needs much.  He'll bring a change of clothes and some toiletries. I can't think of anything else he'll really need - maybe his PSP or a book to read if i'm asleep?

We don't really live close to the hospital (45 min?), but he will be going home once a day to feed the cats.

ETA: good call.  Pillow.

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• When I had DD I packed Dh a change of clothes, lots of protein bars, tootbrush/toothpaste. Anything else he needed I figured he would be able to run out and get.
  • I'm packing him food, extra clothes and swim trunks.  This way he can come into the birthing pool with me and massage my back if needed.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • one of our books said a bathing suit in case he needs to help you in the shower? That might be a decent idea since there are so many RN's in and out of the room. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"