July 2011 Moms

I just don't get it (gestational age)

I know that 10 dpo is really early to get a BFP. And according to my O date my EDD is July 30th. So that means I am 3 weeks and 6 days. But every website and book that I look at said that and 3 weeks the embryo is moving through the fallopian tubes and at 4 weeks it says it is just now implanting and by the end of the 4th week you will get a positive test.

I know it is different for everyone. But its just so confusing.

Is anyone else in the same boat? Due at the end of July? 

3 Early Miscarriages 4 rounds of Clomid BFP = 11/16/10 ~ EDD July 29th 2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I just don't get it (gestational age)

• Most baby books follow a EDD based on your LMP. In order to follow the "weeks" in the baby books you would need to count how many weeks you are based on your LMP. If you O'd exactly 2 weeks after the first day of your last period then you would be 5 weeks and six days.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If 3 weeks 6 days have passed, then you're IN your 4th week. You are now approaching the end of the 4th week.
    image image
    D: Born 7.14.11
    Baby #2: BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
    O: Born 3.2.14 (med-free!)
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKRISLIEL:
    Most baby books follow a EDD based on your LMP. In order to follow the "weeks" in the baby books you would need to count how many weeks you are based on your LMP. If you O'd exactly 2 weeks after the first day of your last period then you would be 5 weeks and six days.

No, I am adding the 2 weeks already. Not just how many weeks from Ovulation I am. Based on LMP my EDD is July 29th so only 1 day difference.

3 Early Miscarriages 4 rounds of Clomid BFP = 11/16/10 ~ EDD July 29th 2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagering_pop:
    If 3 weeks 6 days have passed, then you're IN your 4th week. You are now approaching the end of the 4th week.

HAHAHA Now I feel like an idiot. But this makes the what to expect when you are expecting website make sense. They are always one week ahead of Pregnology.  Embarrassed

• Im due on 7/25. Gestational age goes from ovulation, most books dont go by gestational age they go by weeks pregnant. I am 4 weeks & 4 days pregnant but gestational age is only 2 weeks & 4 days.

Maybe Im reading what youre asking wrong, hth.

• I wasn't charting so I don't know O date. I got BFP at 3w6d also.
  • imageAshley858:

imagering_pop:
    If 3 weeks 6 days have passed, then you're IN your 4th week. You are now approaching the end of the 4th week.

HAHAHA Now I feel like an idiot. But this makes the what to expect when you are expecting website make sense. They are always one week ahead of Pregnology.  Embarrassed

No need to feel silly - it IS confusing :)

image image
    D: Born 7.14.11
    Baby #2: BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
    O: Born 3.2.14 (med-free!)
  • imagemainemommy:

Im due on 7/25. Gestational age goes from ovulation, most books dont go by gestational age they go by weeks pregnant. I am 4 weeks & 4 days pregnant but gestational age is only 2 weeks & 4 days.

Maybe Im reading what youre asking wrong, hth.

I was always taught that Gestational age is from LMP and Fetal age is from date of conception.  Everything is so confusing.

• Nope you're totally right! I got my terms confused!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gestational_age

• imageAshley858:

I know that 10 dpo is really early to get a BFP. And according to my O date my EDD is July 30th. So that means I am 3 weeks and 6 days. But every website and book that I look at said that and 3 weeks the embryo is moving through the fallopian tubes and at 4 weeks it says it is just now implanting and by the end of the 4th week you will get a positive test.

Some books and websites start you in the next week as soon as you are a day into it.  So you are 3weeks 6 days you will be in your 4th week by some things.  WTEWE through me for a loop last week and I asked the same question.  I was 4w2d and it said I was in my 5th week..I was like uh?!?  But I get it know.  Some ladies helped me through it the other day..lol https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/45377056.aspx

~Declare it..Claim it..It will be!!~

5/9/09
    Lilypie - Personal picture 

Here We Go Again!!

• imagesoontobemrsdavis:
    imageAshley858:

Some books and websites start you in the next week as soon as you are a day into it.  So you are 3weeks 6 days you will be in your 4th week by some things.  WTEWE through me for a loop last week and I asked the same question.  I was 4w2d and it said I was in my 5th week..I was like uh?!?  But I get it know.  Some ladies helped me through it the other day..lol https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/45377056.aspx

thank you that was helpful. 

• I'm having the same thought. It is only 2 days off, but the due date they gave me is based on a 28 day cycle and I have a 26 day cycle. I am just going to talk to my OB when I go on Thursday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"