1st Trimester

Heartbeat

I was trying to find an answer in Q&A but could not...

When can they normally hear a heartbeat? Do they check at the first appt?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Heartbeat

• I got to hear the heartbeat at 7w2d.  I went through IVF, so I do have an ultrasound weekly.  Which allows me to see and hear the heartbeat.  I believe at a normal appointment they will use the doppler to hear the heartbeat.  The heart normal starts to beat during week 6.

Good Luck

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You can see (and hear a fake heartbeat sound the u/s machine makes) as early as 6 weeks.  You can't hear a heartbeat with a doppler until at 9-10 weeks at the earliest.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• Loading the player...
  • Good to know - thanks!

I guess i was just hoping it'd be a bit sooner cause I still don't "feel pregnant" and I can't believe it happened so fast! :-P

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I both saw and heard my baby's heart beat at 7 w 3d...it was at 130 and they found it right away with the doppler...i did not expect it that early but was very excitedBig Smile
  • DH and I were able to hear the heartbeat at our first appt at 10 weeks. They used a doppler through my stomache.

but she did warn me that we may not hear it yet... its still pretty small :-)

good luck though!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We were able to see the HB at 6w1d (i thought i was 5w3d but measured differently through u/s). The OB hasn'tt tried to listen to the HB yet...hopefully soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"