January 2011 Moms

Favorite Christmas movie?

So last night I dug out all my Christmas movies to watch over the next month. I love Scrooged, the Santa Clause, Elf, and the Grinch.

But my most favorite is Christmas Vacation (Obviously!!) I can quote the whole movie from start to finish because I have seen it so many times!!!!!!!

What is your favorite?

Re: Favorite Christmas movie?

• It's A Wonderful Life - Classic!

• A Christmas Story!!!!  "You'll shoot your eye out!"
  • Loading the player...
  • Christmas Vacation is a must see every year for my family.

I also LOVE Love Actually. Makes me weepy and warm every time I watch it. 

• It's a Wonderful Life!
  • A Christmas Story- hands down! I remember seeing it in the theater as a kid, which makes me feel incredibly old right now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's not totally a Christmas movie, but I watch Love Actually every year around this time. I freakin' love that movie!
  • The Grinch by far haha :) I love it. My christmas decorations look a lot like WooVille :) Bright green, red, funky designs I love it! You could say I'm a little obsessed.
  • White christmas, I have to watch that one every year!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Holiday movies are so much fun! 

For most of my life it has been a tradition amongst the girls in my family to watch Holiday Inn and White Christmas every year for their old timey musical goodness.

A new fave is Polar Express - I have special memories associated with this movie.

• imagePlaza81:

Christmas Vacation is a must see every year for my family.

Im OBSESSED With Christmas Vacation!

"Hey Griswold - where do you think you are gonna put a tree that big?"

"Bend over, Ill show you"

HAHAHAHAAAAA

• The Family Stone

Christmas Vacation

• this probably makes me a horrible person, but my favorite is bad santa. Devil
  • White Christmas and Love Actually!! yay, so excited to watch those again soon!
  • imageTinytraxx:
    imagePlaza81:

HAHAHAHAAAAA

I think you and I could probably re-inact the entire movie!

"Well I'm gonna park the cars, check the luggage, and well, I'll be outside for the season." 

I'm totally watching this tonight. Today's the first day we have snow, so it's seems right :) 

• My absolutely favorite ever since before it was a movie is Polar Express. As soon as it got cold I made my parents read that as my bedtime story when I was younger and now my poor husband has to watch it at least 3x a week (I promised him this year I would wait until after Thanksgiving to start).

Side note: I've NEVER seen Christmas Story!! We don't turn the tv on at all on Christmas and I've just never sat down to watch it.

• I didn't know there were any other x-mas movies besides A Christmas Story... ;-)   l probably watch it about a million times between Thanksgiving and x-mas.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have so many!  Christmas Vacation, Elf, and Home Alone 2 are just a couple. 

My all time favorite is A Walt Disney Christmas.  It is a couple of old school cartoons from Disney-I have watched it every year since I can remember!  I have to find it on DVD, because I only have it on VHS.

• We literally have EVERY Christmas movie known to man!  My husband and I have a rule though:  NO Christmas anything until after Thanksgiving!

Our obvious favorite is Christmas Vacation.  You ladies who know all the lines ... aahh, you may have some competition.  My husband and I are pretty good ourselves.

We also like Home Alone (1 & 2), Elf, A Christmas Story, Polar Express, and Santa Clause.

Hubby and I also have a tradition where we only watch Miracle On 34th Street (original black and white), A Christmas Carol (black and white with Alistair Sims), and It's A Wonderful Life on Christmas Eve. 

But you can't forget classics like Rudolph, the Red Nosed Reindeer, Charlie Brown's Christmas, etc.

Some other cute new ones are The Family Stone, Four Christmases, Fred Claus, etc.

• imagePlaza81:
    imageTinytraxx:
    imagePlaza81:

HAHAHAHAAAAA

I think you and I could probably re-inact the entire movie!

"Well I'm gonna park the cars, check the luggage, and well, I'll be outside for the season." 

I'm totally watching this tonight. Today's the first day we have snow, so it's seems right :) 

"Hallelujah! Holy Sh*t! Where's the Tylenol!?"

"when Santa squeezes his fat white a$$ down that chimney tonight, he's gonna find the jolliest bunch of a$$holes this side of the nuthouse"

• imagekvans81:

We literally have EVERY Christmas movie known to man!  My husband and I have a rule though:  NO Christmas anything until after Thanksgiving!

Our obvious favorite is Christmas Vacation.

We also like Home Alone (1 & 2), Elf, A Christmas Story, Polar Express, and Santa Clause.

We also have a tradition where we only watch Miracle On 34th Street (original black and white) and A Christmas Carol (black and white with Alistair Sims)

But you can't forget classics like Rudolph, the Red Nosed Reindeer, Charlie Brown's Christmas, etc.

Oh yeah - I forgot to mention Home Alone.

My husband and I were planning a trip to New York City this Christmas (finally) after talking about it for so many years. Then I got pregnant........soooo I have to watch Home Alone New York!!!!

• Hands down it's A Christmas Story.  When I was a kid, the first year they ever played it on tv our Thanksgiving dinner was postponed for a couple hours so we could finish watching it.  It's been tradition to watch it every year since, dh had never seen it and doesn't find it as entertaining as I do, so I usually end up watching it alone, but it will definitely be a tradition I share with LO when he's here!
  • Love Actually

The Holiday

Miracle on 34th Street, Jingle all the Way, Home Alones, National Lampoon's

I love them all :)

• Christmas Vacation, The Grinch, and A Christmas Story.  We have to watch A Christmas Story on Christmas Eve, when TBS plays it for 24 hours!

I also love the old cartoons from when I was a kid, Rudolph, Merry Christmas Charlie Brown, the original Grinch, and Frosty the Snowman.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imageTinytraxx:
    imagePlaza81:

HAHAHAHAAAAA

• imageTinytraxx:
    imagePlaza81:

HAHAHAHAAAAA

• I love A Christmas Story. I have a leg lamp that will be going in the window!  It was the office window last year, now it's the nursery. That should be fun. lol.

Also I've always liked the original Miracle on 34th Street. A favorite as a kid was the Muppet Christmas Carol with Michael Caine.

I also enjoy Elf for a new one. :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • A Christmas Story.  Can't beat it.  DH and I watch the 24 hour run of it on TNT every year.  Not continuously, but we watch the first time all the way through then just turn it on in the background while cooking or whatever.  This will definitely LO's first holiday tradition. 
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • The Muppet's Christmas Carol.  It's a tradition on my side of the family to go to the Christmas Eve service at church and then come home and watch this movie with hot chocolate and popcorn!!
  • Hands down- Polar Express. Last week I put on the song that Josh Groban sings for the movie on youtube and pretty much broke down. Every year my DH and I watch it on Christmas Eve while drinking hot chocolate [the hot chocolate scene is one of my favs] and making a gingerbread house. A little tradition we will never give up. We'll just add making cookies and milk for Santa when LO starts celebrating with us :)
  • Its a tie between How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the original) and the clay animation Rudolf.
    Married to the love of my life <3 09.26.09
    Mother to my Sweet Baby K <3 12.30.10
    …with Baby Number 2 on the way!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Miracle on 34th street and It's a Wonderful Life!!
  • A Charlie Brown Christmas is my all time favorite and I can quote almost the whole thing. Growing up we had a copy taped from TV one year in the mid-80s that I would watch and I even had the commercials memorized! 

I also love Elf and It's a Wonderful Life.  I pretty much love Christmas, so any Christmas movie is ok by me!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • A Christmas Story all the way, I like the original Grinch as well...other then that I kind of hate xmas movies.
  • All time favorite is The Snowman.

Close behind are: The Holiday Inn, Miracle on 34th Street, A Christmas Story, and It's a Wonderful Life.  

But definitely The Snowman.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageTinytraxx:
    imagePlaza81:

HAHAHAHAAAAA

"I hear a funny squeaking sound."

"You couldn't hear a dumptruck driving through a nitro-glycerine plant!"

• Love Actually
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • imageTinytraxx:

So last night I dug out all my Christmas movies to watch over the next month. I love Scrooged, the Santa Clause, Elf, and the Grinch.

But my most favorite is Christmas Vacation (Obviously!!) I can quote the whole movie from start to finish because I have seen it so many times!!!!!!!

What is your favorite?

Right there with ya!!! We watch the Griswolds every Thanksgiving! I think I probably have it memorized. Also, gotta love The Ref!! Scrooged is great too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"