1st Trimester

Headache help

I woke up today @ 5weeks with a terriable headache. I almost never get them. Any ideas on how to prevent and stop/heel them that are not in "What to expect..."?

Re: Headache help

• Not sure what is listed in WTEWYE but with my last pregnancy, my doctor told me to drink a little caffeine.  I ended up having one of the mini sodas every day and it helped to prevent/stop my headaches.  I am not sure if you are drinking caffeine or not, but hopefully this helps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks, I gues a little bit won't hurt.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep, my doc recommended 1 Tylenol and a can of coke to help.
  • Wow, up 'till now I completely forgot about the headaches. I got massive, horrible, painful migranes all the way through my last pg. They were nearly blinding they were so bad. The only thing I could do was take Tylenol and drink something with caffeine. Try to stay hydrated, too, that can be a HUGE cause of migranes that a lot of ppl don't think about.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I noticed that if I let myself get too hungry I can get headaches. Also if I dont drink enough, or get enough sleep. I think we're just extra-sensitive right now so things that dont normally affect us, might. Also, my OB says hormone levels can fluctuate a lot at the beginning & cause headaches.
  • I am 11 w 5d.. I have gotten headaches every day and migraines weekly.  My doc said to start a b vitamin complex and riboflavin.  I got a b complex at walgreens that has the riboflavin also.  I have just been taking it for 2 days along with my prenatals and notice that it is also giving me an energy boost and my headache yesterday was pretty mild compared to all other days. Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"