Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Why is my 9 month old suddenly waking Screaming?

And what do I do about it? I'm reading night terrors. I'm reading separation anxiety. Regardless it says don't go in but every 15 mins. And just boringly "shhh" then leave within 1 min. Listening to my baby scream for 5 mins is crazy let alone 15.... Anyone have advice???!!! TIA

Re: Why is my 9 month old suddenly waking Screaming?

• Is your LO actually eyes open awake? Or appear to be sleeping still?

Trust your gut. If it's telling you not to leave your baby crying, then don't.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I guess it's hard to tell because he's crying so hard and I try to keep the lights off... Last night, which was the first night, I didn't know what to do. So I got him out and held him. I thought something was seriously wrong because this has never happened... Now tonight it's the same thing. He hardly slept all day and doesn't want to sleep at night
  • Loading the player...
  • I am stumped. Does he feel like he is running a fever? Is he cutting a tooth?

It could be so many things, it's hard to say. Maybe call your pedi in the morning just to see if they have any suggestions for you. GL, I hope you get some sleep.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrsKEG:

I am stumped. Does he feel like he is running a fever? Is he cutting a tooth?

It could be so many things, it's hard to say. Maybe call your pedi in the morning just to see if they have any suggestions for you. GL, I hope you get some sleep.

My thoughts as well. Also - gas? has his diet changed? I would not leave him to scream if it's that alarming to you. 

I think there's a 9 month sleep regression, but from what you said it sounds like more than restless sleep.

Rule out medical problems.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i have not found out the reason
    just get married
  • My son is 11 months old and the past two weeks he has done this same thing every night about 3 hours after he falls asleep. He is sitting up just screaming like he is in pain or scared. I am guessing it is a new tooth because he has been drooling like crazy. I will give him a couple minutes, but then I have to go in and calm him down because he is not crying, but screaming.

IAmPregnant Ticker

• around the 9 month mark LO wen through some crazy seperation anexity at night, he would wake up and freak out...nothing would calm him but ME going in and cuddling with him till he fell back to sleep. Lasted a couple weeks and he was fine.

Other than that the only reason LO wakes up full on screaming is if he has an ear infection...

If it doesn't feel right to you to listen to your baby cry then don't...go with your gut!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My daughter would do this usually while she was cutting a tooth.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"