3rd Trimester

Weekly dr visits... ???

So I am 35 weeks and next monday is my first internal exam and my weekly visits starting. IS there an "internal" exam every visit from here out ?

Re: Weekly dr visits... ???

• It depends on your doctor.  Mine won't do them unless I'm overdue.  Which is fine with me cause I don't want them.
    imageimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My Dr doesn't start them until 39 weeks.  I'd tell them to hold off.
  • Loading the player...
  • Some docs do, some docs don't do them everytime. Mine waits until 38 or 39 weeks...which is fine with me.
  • I had my first internal at 36 weeks and now every week until this baby decides to arrive. 
  • Mine has done internal exams since 37 weeks.
  • Depends on your dr.  Many won't do them too frequently because it has the potential to introduce infection.  I'd request not to have one unless you're having pre-term contractions to make sure they aren't productive or if induction is being considered to see if your cervix is favorable.
  • Mine doesn't start internals until 38 weeks - that's next week for me!!  Getting closer to baby time!! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had my first internal this week at 38 weeks.  I was actually also wondering if it became a weekly thing or not, and of course, I forgot to ask.  I'm hoping I don't have another one until my due date for a variety of reasons - don't want to risk infection, don't want to get my hopes up/be disappointed with progress or lack thereof, not to mention it's not really comfortable, so I'd rather avoid extra discomfort if possible!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"