December 2010 Moms

stabbing pain in vagina?

I think I saw some of you refer to it as lightning crotch awhile back, but is anyone else experiencing jolts of pain in the vagina that last a couple of seconds and then disappear, sometimes coming back 2 or 3 more times? Is this the cervix opening up? Have you found anything to stop the pain?

Re: stabbing pain in vagina?

• Yes!  This is weird but I've been putting an icepack between my legs and laying on my side.  Not a total cure but it helps.
  • I get this at least once a day, and yes it hurts like hell. Last night I yelled so loud because of it that it woke up DH and he thought it was time to go to the hospital lol

• Loading the player...
  • That would be the lightning crotch! I don't think there is anything to stop it! I really like when I'm talking to someone at work and it happens... try to keep a straight face! LOL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I have this too. I agree with the other posters that LO is jabbing a fist or something into the cervix. I also feel the same pain in my butt and it is almost worse. It can bring tears to my eyes.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP Oct. 2010-MC & D&C Dec. 2010 BFP March 2011-Cooper born Dec. 6, 2011 weighing 9 lbs 1/2 oz. Suprise BFP May 27th 2012 - Sawyer born Jan. 20, 2013 weighing 8 lbs 9 oz. ?
  • I agree with the ladies!  It is not something I look forward too!!! 
  • Yes, I have experienced that!  It scared me so bad one day.  It lasted for several minutes.  I thought I was in labor.  LOL.  I learned to stop it from happening by talking softly to the baby and repositioning her.  So it is now bearable.  I hope this helps.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"