December 2010 Moms

Little weirded out.

Today at Dr's appt my OB was talking about how she new right away I was having a girl when she checked me last week because she felt my LO's labia.  

Ummmm....ok. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Little weirded out.

• Indifferent Not sure what to say to that...is there another doctor at the practice?
    imageimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thankfully there are ten.  When I was in L&D was the first time I met her and then today I actually had an appt with her.  I honestly thought I heard her wrong until I glanced at DH's face.....we both didn't speak for a little while.  It was just so weird!
  • Loading the player...
  • This may be an obvious question but is the baby breech? And you are dilated at all for her to be able to feel that on the baby?

Still.. Indifferent Why would she say that?!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagejesscullen:
    Thankfully there are ten.  When I was in L&D was the first time I met her and then today I actually had an appt with her.  I honestly thought I heard her wrong until I glanced at DH's face.....we both didn't speak for a little while.  It was just so weird!

It's actually kind of really funny.  Now you have a great story to tell, lol.

imageimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am nearly speechless! Nearly...
    Lilypie - (vGZN)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP2: 10/27/13(edd 7/10/14) "Speck" ~ M/C 12/5/13
  • W.T.F.?

That is all. 

• Hmm
    I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • imagefmgrice:

This may be an obvious question but is the baby breech? And you are dilated at all for her to be able to feel that on the baby?

Still.. Indifferent Why would she say that?!

I am also dying to know how she felt your baby's labia....??!!
  • One word: Ew!!!  That is such an odd statement.  I would be weirded out too.  Maybe she doesn't have the best bedside manner and isn't great at expressing herself.  I would have been stunned into silence (and for a chatterbox like me, that is huge).  LOL. 

Question: Is she a good doctor otherwise?  if so, I could overlook the creepy comment.

• Sorry that I posted and ran!  Actually..posted and fell asleep.  

Yup she is breech and I am dilated 4cm.  

This was only the second time I had seen her (she isn't my regular doc) and she is a little....odd as you can tell.  Now I think its kind of funny--still strange.  DH keeps saying that LO has been violated.   

• image4-8-06:
    Indifferent WTF

Hahaha Exactly. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"