March 2011 Moms
Options

Question about movement (it's different than the one asked below!)

I have no idea if I've felt movement or not.  I think I have, but when people ask I say no because I can't be sure.  However, the last few times I've felt what I think is movement, it's radiated down so far that it feels like I'm going to pee.  Is the baby hanging out on my bladder?  Am I making this all up?  And it's not constant, that's the annoying part.  My nurse asked me at my last appointment if I feel him moving every day and when I said no, she looked at me like I was crazy.  I just wish he'd give me one good hard kick so I could be sure it was him.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Question about movement (it's different than the one asked below!)

• Options

I've found that the LO tends to hang out low in the pelvic area and will kick there. Every once in awhile, he gets me in a place where it's made me feel like I've had to pee!

Maybe after you eat, try and relax somewhere and see if that gets the LO moving. I'm at a desk job and everyday after I eat breakfast, he goes nuts and is moving around--making it hard to concentrate!

my blog - cheese & cheesecake

Me: 31, DH: 34, Married 5/29/05
    BFP #1: 6/22/10, EDD 3/6/11, DS born 2/25/11 @ 38w5d
    BFP #2: 7/27/13, EDD 4/9/14, CP 8/3/13
    BFP #3: 8/31/13, EDD 5/10/13, DD born med-free 5/9/14 @ 39w6d 
  • Options

Yep, that sounds like movement.  Lately a lot of times when LO kicks I immediately feel like I have to pee because he's kicking my bladder. I have also realized that he turns towards my back and sometimes I can't feel movement at all when he does that. 

Do you have an anterior placenta?  Sometimes that causes you to not feel movement as early.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagetolicakes:

Yep, that sounds like movement.  Lately a lot of times when LO kicks I immediately feel like I have to pee because he's kicking my bladder. I have also realized that he turns towards my back and sometimes I can't feel movement at all when he does that. 

Do you have an anterior placenta?  Sometimes that causes you to not feel movement as early.

I'm not sure if I have an anterior placenta or not.  I meant to ask my doctor about it at my last visit, but I forgot to.  My next appointment is December 6th, and if there are no definite kicks then I will ask him.

• Options
    I wasn't sure for the longest time (ok 2 weeks) if I was feeling movement or not because, to me, it didn't feel like movement. Honestly, it felt like I needed to pass gas. For me, even now when the little man's active much more often, it still feels like gas bubbles moving around. :) A lot of people said 'flutters' but I can't say I've ever felt him 'flutter' but maybe it cause he's too manly to 'flutter'... :) Also, he does kick me in this one spot, I swear it's the muscle that holds my bladdar shut, I don't feel the kick, necessarily, but I feel the muscle 'twitch' and have a mild panic attack that I might pee myself. :) Hasn't happened yet. Maybe that's what your feeling?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    There is a good couple of weeks when I couldn't tell if what I was feeling was LO or not either. I get movement all over the place at different times, but I've definitely felt the bladder movements and I'm afraid I'm going to wet my pants too! The movements up high tickle me more than anything and sometimes there are big movements (these are few and far between), but I think she might be rolling in there. That feels like the drop on a roller coaster to me. At my 20 week appointment, my dr. asked me the same thing - if I had felt movement yet and when I told her that I had, she seemed really surprised at that! Just goes to show that everyone really is different. I'm certain what you are feeling is LO and the movements will just get stronger in the coming weeks. :)
  • Options

imagetrianalantz:
    I wasn't sure for the longest time (ok 2 weeks) if I was feeling movement or not because, to me, it didn't feel like movement. Honestly, it felt like I needed to pass gas. For me, even now when the little man's active much more often, it still feels like gas bubbles moving around. :) A lot of people said 'flutters' but I can't say I've ever felt him 'flutter' but maybe it cause he's too manly to 'flutter'... :) Also, he does kick me in this one spot, I swear it's the muscle that holds my bladdar shut, I don't feel the kick, necessarily, but I feel the muscle 'twitch' and have a mild panic attack that I might pee myself. :) Hasn't happened yet. Maybe that's what your feeling?

This is exactly what I feel!  I'm so glad you explained it much better (and classier..the only way I could think to explain it was graphic) than I did.  That's the feeling!!  I'm glad to know it's LO.

• Options
    I didn't feel definite regular movement with my first until 22 or 23 weeks, so don't worry-soon you will be feeling it ALL the time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I can totally relate- I too think Ive felt him but am not 100% sure and want a strong movement so I can be positive.  I was thinking I was feeling him when I had to go pee and that maybe it was something else happening everytime I have to pee but now reading your comments it is probably him making me have to pee!! I dont know why I never thought of it that way??? I also wouldn't describe any "flutters" I feel more like shifting or what feels like he might be getting cozy and I get poked by an arm or leg?  I do def. feel something going on in there that I have never felt before so I guess I have felt him but just nothing major yet.... 
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"