December 2010 Moms

dropping?? what it feels like? and a little TMI

I never dropped with DD as I was induced at 38 weeks. My Dr. thought I was going to have a huge baby if I went to 40 weeks. (she was wrong... DD was 6 lbs 12 oz) But I just dont know what it feels like to drop. I think I have or at least started this time. I can breathe a little better and it looks like my belly is a little lower.....

Also, a little TMI here but it feels like "down there" is a little more open if that makes sense.... not sure if that has any coorelation to dropping but that's what i feel...

Any knowledge??? TIA ladies!!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: dropping?? what it feels like? and a little TMI

• This is my first successful pregnancy and have always carried low.  But it seems like the last few days she has dropped even lower.  I have no idea how much lower she could could get without just falling out.  Seriously!!!  I'm anxious to see my Dr next week to see if anything is happening!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • That sounds about right. I felt like DS was going to fall right out a day or two before my water broke, so it could be getting close for you
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I dropped this last weekend and it feels like you can breathe a bit better (baby not up in the ribs as much), more pressure in the pelvic area, feel like I have to pee a lot more, I also feel like he is able to hit me in my vaginal area which is painful.  He feels much heavier to carry around as well!  Hope this helps! 
  • I think the baby dropped in the past week or so.  It feels like a lot of pressure in the groin area if I stand or walk for prolonged periods (I found this out during a marathon shopping session at the mall this past weekend).  I also have to use the bathroom a lot more often.  It is kind of uncomfortable, but at least my breathing is much better (no more tightness in my diaphragm).
  • Well, I don't know if I've dropped fully or not. A few friends ahve commented, but the only things I'm basing it on (short of a MW confirming it) is that I feel her a bit lower, and my hips/pelvis are really a lot achier, and I feel the weight lower, like PP said.
    Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"