1st Trimester

Newbie! Recommended reading?

Hi everyone!

My husband and I got our BFP this morning, we are elated to say the least!  We live on the gulf coast of FL and were married in 2007, my husband is 33 and I will turn 33 as well on Thursday.  We have been TTC for about 6 mos +/-. 

We are so excited, but have NO idea what to expect - I ran out and bought "what to expect when you're expecting" but is there any other MUST READs out there?

TIA!! And I look forward to interacting with you all!!

DeannaParadise

Re: Newbie! Recommended reading?

• Congrats & welcome!  I am really enjoying The Mother of All Pregnancy Books.  It's a few years old but I haven't found any of its information to be contradicted by my doctor. It's fun and informational and includes advice from real moms. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like From The Hips. It's down to earth (written by two moms, NOT doctors) and gives you a lot of info that will kind of shock you actually....stuff no one else has told you.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations! I actually did not like What to Expect - it's full of info about what can go wrong and it kind of freaked me out. I preferred a book called "Your Pregnancy Week by Week" - it shows you what's going on with the baby each week. I also liked the Pregnancy Book and the Birth Book in the Sears series, but they definitely have a more "natural" approach to childbirth, so if that's not your style, you might not like it. 
  • I recommend "Your Pregnancy Week by Week" Welcome and good luck!
    Married ~ DD 2004 ~ 2 2nd tri losses ~ DS 2011 5 weeks 1 day early ~ DD2 2012
  • I am reading the baby center book of pregnancy from pre to post baby. its really good and I find it isn't full of things that other books have that make you freak out or think everything your doing is harming the baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Get a copy of Baby Bargains

Also, a book like Dr Ferber or Healthy Sleep Habit, Happy Child.  If your LO has trouble sleeping, you won't have time to read about how to solve it 

CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • What to Expect

Your pregnancy week by week

Happiest baby on the block

Mayo Clinic guide to a healthy pregnancy

and I liked Belly Laughs for a quick, funny read.

CONGRATS! Enjoy the ride :) 

• I LOVE Girlfriends guide to pregnancy-its truthful and honest and funny!
  • imageoscarkat:

What to Expect

Your pregnancy week by week

Happiest baby on the block

Mayo Clinic guide to a healthy pregnancy

and I liked Belly Laughs for a quick, funny read.

CONGRATS! Enjoy the ride :) 

This book is super funny!  It points out the stuff the doc's don't mention and it's more entertaining & relatable then the books put out by docs.

• I agree about belly laughs. I would also recommend The Zygote Chronicles by Suzanna Finnamore. It's a novel, but basically follows a first pregnancy. I really like Pregnancy Week by week too. WTEWE ( is that right?) scared me a little and seemed like a half a diet book.
  • I agree about belly laughs. I would also recommend The Zygote Chronicles by Suzanna Finnamore. It's a novel, but basically follows a first pregnancy. I really like Pregnancy Week by week too. WTEWE ( is that right?) scared me a little and seemed like a half a diet book.
  • whoa, did not mean to post twice. Ah, I guess it's more like thrice. Is that a word?
  • Your Pregnancy Week by Week- very very helpful and easy to read!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"