Babies: 3 - 6 Months

If your LO's bedtime is 7PM or later...come in

What time is their last nap? My DD can't seem to stay up past 5:30PM. She will be really grouchy and upset, and we need to get her bedtime routine at 5:30PM (start her bath), so we can get her in bed by 5:45-6PM. We usually pick her up from DC between 3:30-4, and sometimes she'd nap on the way home from DC (~30 min or so), but she is still ready for her bath at 5:30. It would be great if we can have extra 30 min w/ her at home since we're so rushed when we get home, then it's bath time already for her. TIA.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicMy food blog: Blissfully Delicious BabyFruit Ticker

Re: If your LO's bedtime is 7PM or later...come in

• Oh the evening nap.  That nap will be the death of me, I swear.

My boys start bedtime routine at 7:30 and are down by 8:00.  They also have to take a nap at some point.  Ideally they'd sleep from 5:45-6:15, but that's not always the case since they haaaaate it.  Me too, boys!  Mommy would much rather play with you all evening.

It's sometimes 6:30-7:00 or even 6:45-7:15. It's not the no-nap-crabby that's the problem, it's the "I didn't nap and now I'm so exhausted that I can't finish eating and will be up in a few hours hungry" that I want to avoid. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DD is the ultimate nap fighter.  IF I'm lucky, I can get her down for a nap around 3pm and she'll sleep for an hour or so.  Then we don't start our bedtime routine until 7pm and she's usually down for the night by 8. 

If you're looking for an extra 30 minutes, I'd start by delaying her in 10 minute increments over the course of a few weeks.

• Loading the player...
  • My DD has about a 1/2 hour nap around 5 or 5:30.  Then she usually goes down for the night between 7 or 8.  Last night she was so tired at 7 and slept until 6:15 AM!  That is long for her.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • DD use to sleep 5:30 - 6:00 but recently she dropped the nap.  She goes to bed at 8:00.  We pick her up from DC around 4-4:30 and she usually takes a 15-20min power nap around 3:45 and then thats it till bed time.  I do miss that short 5:30 nap.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We don't have a super planned out schedule for DD.  She pretty much naps when she's tired.  That typically ends up being around 2 hours in the am (starting anywhere from 8:30-10:30) & then 1-2 hours in the afternoon (starting anywhere from 2-4ish).  She is ready for bed at 7pm nightly & if I try to delay it whatsoever then getting her down for the night is much harder & she doesn't sleep as well.  We usually bathe her every other day & it's at 6:30 on those nights.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • His naps in DC are all over the place, but he always sleeps on the way home from 5:20-6:00 so I consider that an evening nap (we have a long commute!)  His bedtime routine (bath bottle bed) starts at 7-7:15 and he is asleep by 8 the latest.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Wow, seems like everyone's baby goes to bed before 7. Does baby sleep through the night?

My little one naps around 6 - 6:30pm on the ride home from DC. She's awake 'til bed time which starts with her bath around 8:30 - 9. She's asleep by 9:30 - 10. She sleeps through the night for the most part. Is this too late for her bedtime?

• mcancino -

We don't put our LO to bed before 8:30pm.  She has what I like to call a bedtime "window," not a set "bedtime."  If she goes to sleep anytime between 8:30pm-10:30pm we're in good shape and she sleeps for about 10 hours.  I can't imagine putting her to bed earlier because that would just mean that I have to get up earlier!

Every baby is different so no one should tell you that your bedtime is too late; if it works for you and you have a happy baby, keep it up! 

• DD naps from 5-6:30 when she gets home from daycare.  Otherwise she is too tired for me to even give her dinner and a bath.  I get her up at 6:30, feed her give her a bath and put her back down.  Don't really get time with her during the week.
  • My DD is in bed asleep at 6PM.  On days she has daycare we don't get her until 6:30 and she sleeps on the way home and dives into bed as soon as we walk in.  Trying to delay it for my sake (to see her after a long day at work) just doesn't work.  She wants to sleep.  NOW.

Yes, to the pp who asked, at least in our case she STTN 12 hrs.  I only work 3x/week so I don't mind her going to bed after daycare (i'm exhausted too!) since I get to spend the entire next day w/ her.

• Her last nap is at 5pm and its usually t'ill 6pm. She then wakes up, gets her bottle at 7:30pm and is in bed for 8pm. She then wakes up anywheres from 7am-8am so she gets 11-12+hours of sleep.

• It varies.  She's usually up from 4 until about 7:30 (her bedtime) but sometimes she goes down around 5 until about 6.  She bedtime is still schduled, but her naps during the day still vary.
  • imagejhedegaard:

mcancino -

We don't put our LO to bed before 8:30pm.  She has what I like to call a bedtime "window," not a set "bedtime."  If she goes to sleep anytime between 8:30pm-10:30pm we're in good shape and she sleeps for about 10 hours.  I can't imagine putting her to bed earlier because that would just mean that I have to get up earlier!

Every baby is different so no one should tell you that your bedtime is too late; if it works for you and you have a happy baby, keep it up! 

Same here. He is never down before 9 tho

"Everything is possible for him who believes.?
  • imagemcancino:

Wow, seems like everyone's baby goes to bed before 7. Does baby sleep through the night?

My little one naps around 6 - 6:30pm on the ride home from DC. She's awake 'til bed time which starts with her bath around 8:30 - 9. She's asleep by 9:30 - 10. She sleeps through the night for the most part. Is this too late for her bedtime?

I don't think so.. my dd's last nursing is at 9-930 then it's bed time and she's been sleeping through the night since 4 weeks. she'll take a little nap around 5 or 7 sometimes, but not daily.. I can't imagine putting her down at like 7! She sleeps EVERYNIGHT until 630 when I wake her up to feed her before I go to work or till about 8 on weekends.. and she usually goes back to sleep for a few hours if she even fully wakes up to nurse lol. some might call it selfish putting her on a schedule that best fits my needs, but there is no way I could be at my best if I had to get up at 5 (which would most likely happen if she went to bed earlier than 8. My kids bedtime routine starts at 830.. they bathe then give kisses (my sister lives with me),  we read a book or two then Taiden is off to bed.. Then I feed Khari and she goes to bed.. I don't think 730 is too early it just wouldn't work for me..

• DS has his last nap of the day typically from 4-6pm. He gets a bath at 7:45, bottle after that, but doesn't go to bed until 9pm. His He sleeps through the night. His only other real nap is a morning nap about two hours after he wakes up.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS goes to bed between 7 and 7:30 and gets up for the day between 8 and 9.  He still gets up 3 times to eat but he goes right back to sleep.  His last nap usually lasts 45 minutes to an hour and starts anywhere from 4:30 to 5:30.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejhedegaard:

mcancino -

This exactly. Our LOs bedtime routine starts anywhere between 8 and 10pm, depending on how feedings fall during the day. I've wondered about this too, but there's no way I'm putting them down at 6:30pm to have them wake at 6:30. DH and I go to bed around 11/12 usually and he doesn't even get up til 8! In any event, their last nap may occur anytime after 6 and usually last about 30-45 minutes. They go to bed after their bottle and usually sleep 8 or 9 hours before waking for a bottle, then go right back to bed another 3 hours or so. Works for us!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I am super jealous of these babies who sleep until 7 or 8 am!

DD goes down for the night between 7 and 8 (usually closer to 7) then is up between 4 and 5 am. Argh. She'll be up for an hour to an hour and a half, then take an hour long nap or so. 

Last night she was in bed at 7:30, up at 3:30 wanting to nurse, miraculously went right back down, then woke up again at 5:30.  DH took her while he finished getting ready for work so I could sleep some more. He handed her back to me around 6:20 when he left.

I usually get a long late morning-early afternoon nap and then a short one around this time of day (she's finally falling asleep on me after being clearly overtired.) But she doesn't always take that long nap.

It's pretty much impossible to push her much later. She is at her very limit by 7:30, because she's usually been awake for 3 hours by then. 

imageimage

• Bedtime routine starts at 6:45-7 and she's asleep by 8.  Her last nap is around 5:30-6.  It's usually 30-45ish minutes.
  • Liam gets exhausted around 6, and we try really hard to get him to nap around 7 (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't)

He goes down for the night at 10:00. 

Liam 07/08/10 -- TTC #2 -- my cloth vlog -- & daily cloth diaper deals Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I wish we could put her down earlier!  DH doesn't come home until 10, so she goes down shortly after all the commotion from him arriving home.  Her last nap is usually 6-7pm, but lately she's been sleeping longer for naps and waking periodically at night - don't know if that's the so-called 4-month wakeful or if it's just because she's taking longer than usual naps...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"