December 2010 Moms

Had my baby almost 6 weeks early!

Hi everyone!

I know I have been absent for a little while and my posts have been infrequent due to my job getting crazy.

Well, I was actually due on December 8 but ended up having my son on October 30, almost 6 weeks early.  On October 29 I was sitting in a lunch meeting and began having contractions.  Everyone kept asking me if I was okay and I said that I was fine and that I was probably only having braxton hicks contractions.  I ended up going to the doctor that afternoon and she wanted me to go to the hospital for monitoring right away.  I asked whether it was absolutely necessary and she said that I could go home, rest and drink a ton of water and, if they got worse, to go straight to emergency for monitoring.

Well, they got really bad at around 8 so I went to the hospital and they ended up keeping me overnight.  The contractions finally stopped at midnight.  I got discharged the next morning and was told to take it easy and drink lots of water.  The contractions started again that afternoon and by 10:00 p.m. I was back in L&D with my hubby.  I was already 3 cm by that time.  They gave me something to take the edge off and by 2:00 a.m. I was begging for an epidural.  I was still only 3 cm so I sent my husband home to get some rest.  I said I'd call as soon as I was getting close.  Well, I ended up calling him at 6:00 a.m. informing him that I was fully dialated and just waiting to push! haha  I started pushing at 6:15 and by 7:16, my son Max was born by VBAC!!!

I am sad to say that he is still in the NICU and is expected to be there until at least the end of November but he is doing well and growing every day and we can't wait to have him come home!!

I still can't believe that he is already here!!

Re: Had my baby almost 6 weeks early!

• Congratulations on your baby boy! I'm glad you got to have VBAC like you wanted. Sending P&PTs out that your LO keeps getting stronger and can come home soon!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Wow, congratulations!!! These babies are the ones in control, if they want out, they figure out how to get out! That's great that you were able to VBAC too. I hope baby Max grows big and strong and is able to go home soon. It must be hard to leave the hospital without him after he's been a part of you for so long. Take advantage though and rest up so you'll be good and ready for those sleepless nights when he is home. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow- pp is right- these babies are making up their own minds about when they want to enter the world! I am happy you were able to have the delivery you wanted, but can't imagine how hard it must be to leave your little one in NICU. I hope he does VERY well and you are all home together very soon. You and your family will be in my thoughts- enjoy every moment you get to spend with him!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Congratulations on your little boy.  I hope he gets to come home soon!
    Married to DH since 6/30/2007
    Me: 32  DH: 32
    BFP #1: 4/1/2010 DS born: 12/3/10
    TTC #2 since 5/2014
    BFP # 2 : 6/16/14 EDD: 2/25/15  Missed Miscarriage discovered 7/10/14 D&C 7/17/14 Pathology results normal
    BFP #3
    : 10/21/14 EDD: 7/6/15  11/24/14:  Saw heartbeat! 
    Missed Miscarriage discovered 12/22/14 at 12w0d D&C 12/23/14 Pathology: Partial Molar Pregnancy/Triploidy
    ~~Currently benched following PMP~~ 
    **all AL welcome**

image image
    TTCAL January 2015 Siggy Challenge:  Animals in the snow
    Scumbag Penguin

• congrats on your little boy, and tons of thoughts and prayers that he'll be home soon!
  • Congrats on your new baby! I'm sorry he is still in the NICU but my T&P's are with you and your family that he gets to come home very soon :-)
  • Congrats and sending T&P's that your LO makes it home soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP Oct. 2010-MC & D&C Dec. 2010 BFP March 2011-Cooper born Dec. 6, 2011 weighing 9 lbs 1/2 oz. Suprise BFP May 27th 2012 - Sawyer born Jan. 20, 2013 weighing 8 lbs 9 oz. ?
  • Wow, congratulations on your little miracle!  Lots of good thoughts coming at you!!

• Congrats on your new baby boy!  I'm happy you were able to have the VBAC and I hope Max gets to come home real soon.
    imageimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congrats to you and your family!
  • Congratulations!!! How funny - I ended up having my December 8th baby on October 31st! Looks like they just didn't like the 8th.

Good luck in the NICU - our little guy was in there for 13 days and I can appreciate how exhausting and tough it can be. Just remember to get enough rest and if you plan on breastfeeding, talk to the lactation consultants; they were a life saver.

I hope you're all home for Thanksgiving!

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Congrats! Hope he grows fast and gets to come home soon! :)
  • Congratulations to you and your hubby on baby Max.  I am so glad he arrived without complications.  The hospital will keep him until his lungs mature and he catches up to where he would be if he was born in December.  He will be just fine.  I am sending good vibes your way.  :) 
  • Wow, that is funny!  Congratulations to you too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"