1st Trimester

laxatives

Does anyone know which laxatives are safe during the first trimester?

Re: laxatives

• I dont think any. You can take colace which is a stool softener
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't think any are safe.  I had to resort to a glycerin suppository twice though.  Good luck! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been told miralax is fine, laxatives are a no-no...this is def a question for your OB tho. :) GL!
  • Ask your OB. The practice I work in says no laxatives. The practice I went to for my pregnancy said MOM was ok, and I used the crap out of it, no pun intended.
  • If you are severely constipated you can Magnesium Citatrate. I was constipated for almost 2 weeks w DD and I was throwing up because I hadn't gone in so long. It is safe and works quickly just make sure you drink lots of water with it. The more you drink the better it works. It comes flavored too.
    Addison Elizabeth
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Carter James
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Miralax. But always confirm any medications w/ your doctor.

I'm on Miralax daily, myself, at my OB's rec.

• A stool softener at night works for me.  I use either Colace or Senna.
  • My OB says Miralax is safe and that I can use twice a day if Im really bad or once a day just to keep me regular. It has been a life saver for me :) I've been pretty miserable lately!
  • I was taking Zofran for my morning sickness but it made me constipated so I took Miralax a few times-it doesn't have any taste and it worked!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"