3rd Trimester

For those of you on your 2+ pregnancy

Have any of you had back labor with your pregnancies?  I have been having alot of back pain today.  In my lower back, it comes and goes.  But it's starting to get more and more intense.  It almost feels like the pain I felt when I had kidney stones, which is the best way to describe what I'm feeling....Can anyone tell me is this what it feels like?  Or am I having another kidney stone episode...which I really hope not at this stage of my pregnancy.  TIA

Sorry a little back story:  I was in L&D Thursday and Friday with contractions that started off 3 mins apart and then dwindled down to 2 an hour.  Still having them and today they have started to feel more and more intense in pain but still about 2 an hour.  As the night has progressed I have started feeling discomfort in my back as well.

Re: For those of you on your 2+ pregnancy

• I didn't have back labor, but I also get back pain where I think my kidneys are! It's not super low, but kinda in the middle. I don't know if baby is kicking my kidneys or what! OW!

If in doubt, time it and see if there's a pattern!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I was induced, never had Braxton Hicks and never felt a contraction anywhere, but my back with my first labor.

To me it felt like someone was hammering against my back, but that was in the late stages of labor.  It was a repetitive stabbing pain type of thing.

• Loading the player...
  • I had back labor with both my babies. If memory serves me right it started low in my back with a dull ache that came and went. As contractions progressed the pain in lower back was worse and would wrap around the front of my belly so at the peak of the contraction it was back and belly that hurt. It did start out dull but in active labor it was pretty sharp pain. I have never had kidney issues but my back labor pains were low on my spine into almost my hips, if that makes sense. Hope this helps a little?
  • imagejksmom99:
    I had back labor with both my babies. If memory serves me right it started low in my back with a dull ache that came and went. As contractions progressed the pain in lower back was worse and would wrap around the front of my belly so at the peak of the contraction it was back and belly that hurt. It did start out dull but in active labor it was pretty sharp pain. I have never had kidney issues but my back labor pains were low on my spine into almost my hips, if that makes sense. Hope this helps a little?

It's almost like a burning, dull, aching, annoying pain.  And it's getting more intense.  Sometimes it wraps around to the front.  And I feel it in my pelvic bone.  I'm just scared because I am only 36 weeks and want him to stay in there just a little bit longer.  I am keeping track time wise and plan on calling my OB if it gets to be consistant enough. 

• I had contractions this week in the hospital that needed to be stopped with medication.

It felt like a cramp in my back and radiated to the sides and wrapped around my belly and down my thighs.

it hurt!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah if the pain seems to be timeable, increases in intensity or gets unbearable definitly call ob/go to l&d. It sounds like possible contractions and if they arent you may want to figure out what it is. If it is kidnay/bladder issues that would not be great either. But yeah it sounds like possible contractions. Good luck and keep us posted!
  • Sounds like back labor to me. I only had it with my 2nd at the last half of the labor, it started at about 6 cm for me. Talk about a YEOUCHIE!
    CafeMom Tickers
    imageimage
  • imagejksmom99:
    I had back labor with both my babies. If memory serves me right it started low in my back with a dull ache that came and went. As contractions progressed the pain in lower back was worse and would wrap around the front of my belly so at the peak of the contraction it was back and belly that hurt. It did start out dull but in active labor it was pretty sharp pain. I have never had kidney issues but my back labor pains were low on my spine into almost my hips, if that makes sense. Hope this helps a little?

This is pretty much how it was for me, except it never wrapped around to the front. It was mostly dull achey cramps at the base of my spine that would come and go... I remember I had cramping the Saturday before I went into a labour, then on Sunday they felt like full-out contractions, but they slowed down when I went pee, and then came off and on for the whole night, keeping me awake.. The same happened almost all day Monday - just random painful cramps that felt like all the muscles spasming in my lower back... then on Tuesday morning, they got to be hella painful, MUCH more intensified, and started to regulate into a very definite pattern... They started coming every 30 minutes, and then came more and more frequently, until they were 10 minutes apart, and I had a much harder time talking through them without clenching my teeth. One of the HR managers came around after I'd been at work for 2.5 hours, and asked how I was doing, and when I mentioned contractions that were 10 minutes apart, even though I'd been having them for a few days, she basically kicked me out, and drove me to the hospital herself. Good thing she did - Evelyn was born about 3 hours after we arrived! I was 37w6d when I had her.

It's quite possible you'll be going into full active labour within the next few days. Keep timing them, and if doing something like going pee, turning over, or drinking water makes them stop/slow down, then they're just BH.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"