Trying to Get Pregnant

Ovulation?!

Okay ladies. I have a question for those who know how to predict their ovulations and actually how to do it.

So since I was diagnosed with PCOS last year, I had been having irregular cycles, but now they are regular (and have been since August 2010).  I'm not sure if I ovulate or not, so I wanted some advice on how to figure that out.

I have been watching YouTube vids and most women use the BBT or the OPKs.  I really find it hard to do BBTs because I always have to use the restroom at night and I toss and turn (plus, forget to take my temp all the time).  The OPKs are fine, but I would love to know which would work for me.  I'm interested in using the ClearBlue Easy Fertility  one with the smiley face, but I don't know if that would be beneficial.

Please help me ladies.  Because I'm definitely clueless!!  :o)

Re: Ovulation?!

• We use Fertility Friend. (You can see it right below in my signature). If you go back to the front page, read the "New to TTGP" link in the top right corner and you'll learn a ton. I use First Response OPKs, but I know there is a wide variety that the women on here use.

I hope that helps! The tutorials on Fertility Friend are key.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hooray for your regular cycles! A lot of the ladies here (including myself) purchase cheap OPKs off Amazon -- I get the 40 OPK + 10 HPT pack from Devon Medical on Amazon and they worked great for me this month (well, the OPKs did...I'm still too early to be peeing on the HPTs) :)

What I did this month was use the cheap OPKs and when I got what I thought was a +, I confirmed with a CBE w/smiley face. 

Unfortunately, all the + OPKs in the world won't tell you that you're actually ovulating. You can confirm O by temping. You may want to sign up for Fertility Friend, which you can find in most anyone's signature. I toss and turn a lot at night, but I set my alarm for 3:30 am just to temp so I can get up and use the bathroom afterwards. I've been able to see a clear thermal shift this cycle, so it seems to be working.  Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks.  I thought about using that OPK, but didn't know which to get.  Thanks for the advice about Fertility Friend.
  • imagealison2379:

We use Fertility Friend. (You can see it right below in my signature). If you go back to the front page, read the "New to TTGP" link in the top right corner and you'll learn a ton. I use First Response OPKs, but I know there is a wide variety that the women on here use.

I hope that helps! The tutorials on Fertility Friend are key.

Good luck!

This.
  • What time of the day should I do the OPKs?  I've heard not to use first morning urine, but do it up in the day.  Is this correct information?

• Twice a day is usually best, like midday and early evening.
  • Correct, it's better to use urine in the afternoon.  But I still test with FMU too.  sometimes I'll  test 2-3 times a day.  
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"