Breastfeeding

What do you like best about BFing?

I'm about ready to quit (for a variety of reasons) and could use some motivation. 

What do you like best about BFing (or EPing)?

Re: What do you like best about BFing?

• DS weaned himself about 2 weeks ago, and what I already miss most about it is the closeness.  He's so active!  BFing used to be his relaxed/cuddle time.

• i've only been doing it for 5 weeks and i love it because it seems to calm and comfort her so much and it's so much more convenient for both of us than bottle-feeding [she does not like bottles yet]. i also love it because it just feels like the most natural thing to do and i know someday when she's older i'm going to be happy i did it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I DESPISED cleaning bottle with DD#1, the smell of formula made me want to puke. The closeness is also very nice. My chest is HUGE because of it, :-p     Its easier at night to put her on my chest rather then looking for a bottle, heating up water, mixing formula...blah blah blah.
  • It makes me feel like I'm special to her because it's something only she and I share and no one else can give it to her.  Plus I love how good it is for her and how healthy she is!
  • I love that no matter what else I have going on, when it's nursing time, everything else just fades away.  I love snuggling up with her and spending that time together.
  • I miss the alone time that DS and I used to have together while nursing...as ready as I was to be finished when he weaned at 9.5 months, I still missed it for a long time (and still miss it at times all these months later).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJaffytaffy:
    It makes me feel like I'm special to her because it's something only she and I share and no one else can give it to her.  Plus I love how good it is for her and how healthy she is!

This is my reason.... and it's not that breastmilk is healthier than formula it is that formula is a sub-standard food for babies. Breastmilk isn't food.

Little Rose is 2 1/2.
  • All of the above.

I give DD 1 bottle a day - so DH can feed her and she gets her vitamin in it.  I hate washing that one bottle....couldn't imagine having to deal with multiple bottles all day long.  No thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • 1.  Not cleaning bottles.  2. Instant food= less screaming baby.  Other than that I hate it.  I'm always in a struggle to produce enough, try to find a place to feed him in public, and he eats more often so I feel like he's attached to me some days.  I don't stop because I feel guilty, and that is the ONLY reason.
  • the connection hands down, also that my body is providing her with what she needs.
    image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagesquishles10:
    1.  Not cleaning bottles.  2. Instant food= less screaming baby.  Other than that I hate it.  I'm always in a struggle to produce enough, try to find a place to feed him in public, and he eats more often so I feel like he's attached to me some days.  I don't stop because I feel guilty, and that is the ONLY reason.

I agree with this. I have been having supply issues since she was born so I have had many a tear over BFing. Some days I do want to quit, but it seems silly to say "I can't EBF so I won't BF at all." 

I hate hate HATE the smell of formula and I can't stand the fact that I'm putting it inside my baby. The bottles don't bug me so much -- we probably don't give her more bottles of formula per day than she would get of expressed milk were I EBF. But I can't say I love how long it takes, vs how long it takes to just drink a bottle. I just keep telling myself how much better BM is for her. It's worth all the trouble.

• For me, it is definitely the closeness with LO.  I love the faces that he makes at me and having him drift to sleep on me.

Bonuses include convenience, cost, health benefits, diapers are less smelly...

• If all else fails nursing will make DS fall asleep, both for bedtime and naptime. 

I can nurse DS in the morning hours and he will almost always go back to sleep and cuddle with me till at least 8am.

It helped me lose a lot of weight after having DS.

The closeness with DS and I.

It's cheaper than formula.

Lastly, he is so comforted by it.  "When in doubt, whip it out."  lol My motto when he gets upset.

• Oh man so much! It is what keeps me going when I have to pump 3 times a day at work. I love that I am lucky enough to be able to do this for him. I love the cuddle time. I love when he is nursing and looks up at me and smiles and then reaches up for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"