3rd Trimester

*sigh* family learned baby #2's name

So we taught dd1 to say dd2's name (otherwise we were keeping it a "secret") and whenever family would ask us dd2's name we'd say "if you can get it out of Gwen you can know!"

It was actually kind of fun, and dd1 would say the name but not everybody could pick up on it. dd2's name is Elsa Beverly. 

Well last night my Mom and sister figured out what dd1 was saying. My sister  likes it but of course my Mom went on and on about the name (her way of avoiding saying she doesn't like it). Saying things like "oh isn't it too popular?"  "oh well what about Elsie instead?" and on and on.

Then MIL and SIL found out today and apparently MIL is upset because we aren't using her Mother's name, and even more upset that the middle name is FIL Mother's name (they are divorced).

And people ask why we keep names a secret, perfect example. Ugh. So annoying. And now of course I'm doubting our name choice and wondering if it sucks. 

Re: *sigh* family learned baby #2's name

• I love the name :)  They will all get over it. 
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • I know how you feel.  We had a name picked out and told one person and they had us second guessing our choice.  Now we are back to being stuck between two different names.

Ultimatley, it is your decision and once the baby gets here and its official they will have to get over it.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I think that's a beautiful name! They'll get over it. MIL kept trying to "force" the name Weston down our throats every time we came by their house, and not that I hate Weston, but our last name is Wary, and how ridiculous does that sound?! Just stick with the name you chose, and once they see the baby, they won't even think twice about calling her by the name you've chosen! It's your decision to make - and if you let everyone else get their input, you might get stuck with something silly!
  • I love the name!  It is so pretty.  Everyone can get over it.  If they want to name a baby they can go make a baby and name it themselves! :o)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am sorry. I for one love Elsa...and nn could be Elsie to make your mom happier. Beverly is NMS but it's fine for a mn. Hang in there!
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Do not doubt your name choice!!It is a lovely name and you and Dh are the only ones who have to like it.If no-one else does oh well let them cry at their own house about it.Tell them to keeptheir opinion to themselves.
  • we are combating the "tell us, tell us" by me saying that my husband is in charge of naming and since I spilled the beans about the gender, that im not allowed to know the name, lol...which in all honesty, i thought i knew the name, but husband made a comment about having another name in mind, but come to find out, he was jsut kidding, so i have known the name all along, lol...
  • I think Elsa is a beautiful name and who cares what anybody else thinks.  People should respect your name choice and that should be the end of it.  Don't them change your opinion of the name. 

Our family is the same way.  Every time I talk to my mom, MIL or SIL they all ask if they baby has a name.  I just tell them we haven't decided on anything yet and how hard it is to choose a name the second time around.  It is easier than telling them our name choice and listening to them complain about it.  Before we knew if this baby was a boy or a girl I told my mom that I liked the name Cate for a girl and she pretty much told me she hated the name and that I couldn't name the baby that.  Since that day I made DH promise that we wouldn't tell anyone our name choice this time around.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Awe, I'm sorry, Don't change the name! We have decided to name our LO Piper, and  my mom hates it, so every time I see her she rubs my belly and says "Hi baby Lilly" (Lilly is what I wanted to name my kid when I was like 7) It's so annoying and disrespectful. I really like the name you have picked out, and your DD1 is super cute!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC #2 since 8/2012
    Me:28 H:34
    Me: all tests normal!
    H:  Azoospermia (Sperm count zero).
    MFI Urologist all test normal.
    Biopsy Feb. 14

****EVERYONE WELCOME****
  • She said Elsa is too popular?? I highly doubt it! I like it!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Noo! That doesn't suck at all, I love it!

Very original. Keep it!

• Stick with it! It's totally fabulous! Family and in laws can get over themselves this is your LO you name her what you want.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm glad I saw this while lurking today. i *LOVE* the name! Love!! Don't let them get you down, Sally. People gave us crap over Giada's name, but now they agree that it fits her and can't imagine calling her anything else.

• Elsa is a popular name?  What planet is she from?  I've heard of the name but don't know anyone who has it.  I think it's a great name.  Crazy family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love the name!!  I don't think Elsa is popular at all, maybe Ellie/Ella, but I don't know any Elsa's and I think it's really pretty!
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • I know exactly how you feel!  I had my shower today and my little sister asked what I was going to call him...I told her Donnie or Donald....she proceeds to tell me she is just going to call him DG "that's her solution to the name issue"  Great sis, thanks :)
  • imagerider5344:
    I know exactly how you feel!  I had my shower today and my little sister asked what I was going to call him...I told her Donnie or Donald....she proceeds to tell me she is just going to call him DG "that's her solution to the name issue"  Great sis, thanks :)

Lurking from 2nd Tri, but just had to ask:

We are seriously considering the MN Donald after my uncle who I am very close to. I am afraid of some of the negative comment I think we may receive. SO, I was wondering, how well has your name choice gone over? I know it doesn't matter what others think and we will choose what we want to name him, but I was just wondering. Our DS#1 is Dennis Lawson after DH's uncle but goes by Lawson. What do you think of the name Garrison (After my Dad) Donald? Just out of curiousity.

• That name is great! The Hubs & I are kinda in the same boat, we told the fam the name we are naming our baby is Evelyn Joyce after my grandma, my fam likes it but some of his fam said you really should wait to see the baby before you name her or its so old why would you use an old name like that? HOW RUDE! After hearing that we thought it might not be a good choice, but then I remembered its my kid & if they dont like it who cares!
  • I think the name is adorable (obviously, since we chose Elsa Marie!!).

Elsa definitely isn't popular - one of the reasons why we are using it. I bet your mom is thinking of Ella. 

Once your family meets DD#2, they will fall in love with her and her name.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think the name is beautiful. If you love it, use it. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. My mil and fil keep pushing to name this baby "bobby' or 'robbie' after my fil. His name and my dh's middle name is Robert.

My fil is a grumpy and miserable old man. I'm not naming my sweet baby after him.

If we tried to pick names our families liked we would all go crazy.

• Elsa is an absolutely gorgeous name!  As for the middle name, who cares who had it previously?  It's not like they trademarked the name or anything...

My mom keeps giving us suggestions.  One of them was Quinn "because it can be for a boy OR a girl!"  I said I had a bad experience with a Quinn, but she kept pushing it.  So I finally said "I guess you have your next dog's name because it can be for a boy OR a girl!"  Angel

She recently was on a "Jackson" bandwagon and yes, that's a good name, but I already know a child named Jackson, and I don't want to always think of the association.  So to get my mom off my back, I finally "broke down" and told her the "name" we picked for a boy - Axelrod Daequon.  It was a total fabrication and I tried to come up with a most random name association I could think of on the fly.  She was quiet.  And I was quiet.  And then I started laughing.  And then she was relieved.  But she hasn't asked again since that coversation!!  Big Smile

• imageshanatait2be:

imagerider5344:
    I know exactly how you feel!  I had my shower today and my little sister asked what I was going to call him...I told her Donnie or Donald....she proceeds to tell me she is just going to call him DG "that's her solution to the name issue"  Great sis, thanks :)

Lurking from 2nd Tri, but just had to ask:

We are seriously considering the MN Donald after my uncle who I am very close to. I am afraid of some of the negative comment I think we may receive. SO, I was wondering, how well has your name choice gone over? I know it doesn't matter what others think and we will choose what we want to name him, but I was just wondering. Our DS#1 is Dennis Lawson after DH's uncle but goes by Lawson. What do you think of the name Garrison (After my Dad) Donald? Just out of curiousity.

Not to highjack the original post, but to be honest, most people need time to "let it grow on them"  They immediately associate it with Donald duck, etc.  We are naming lo after DH's grandfather who is one of THE GREATEST men i've ever met so we don't care.  The response we usually get it either nothing, or "oh, that's nice"  I've decided I don't care AT ALL, besides, before Donald Duck, Donald was the most popular name in Ireland, second only to Ian so it is VERY traditional and classic. :)  Plus I think Donnie (or Donnie G as I call him is ADORABLE ;) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"