3rd Trimester

Is this all in my head?

I have been having period-like cramps paired with back pain on and off for the past couple of hours. I have actually just been resting this evening so I know it's not induced by activity. I am only 35 weeks, which I know means nothing with all these early arrivals, but I am a little confused as to if this is normal pre-labor or just discomfort with being so large.

I think I may be thinking too much about this, but this is my first so I dont know what differentiates cramping from contractions. Any advice is appreciated.  

Re: Is this all in my head?

• are they timeable?

If so it could be labor. If it just comes and goes then it could just be pregnancy cramping, etc.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well a lot of people don't know that cramps and contractions are pretty much the same thing.  Its Normal. They might be Braxton hicks try walking , drinking water or changing positions.It's your body preparing for labor.
  • Loading the player...
  • My contractions never felt like more than strong menstrual cramps until I was in transition 12 hours into labor.  I was able to time them but they were never consistent.  I would drink some water and lay down.  If they don't go away or persist they may be pre labor contractions.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageSarahTx5701:

are they timeable?

If so it could be labor. If it just comes and goes then it could just be pregnancy cramping, etc.

Yes, every 15-20 minutes for the past 2 hours. What I am confused about is the lingering pain with it. It will be intense for 20-30 seconds, but I will have lingering pain for another minute or so.  

• imagepnksteph:
    imageSarahTx5701:

are they timeable?

Yes, every 15-20 minutes for the past 2 hours. What I am confused about is the lingering pain with it. It will be intense for 20-30 seconds, but I will have lingering pain for another minute or so.  

If I were you I would call, they might send you in and that way you can get monitored and have some peace of mind. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC #2 since 8/2012
    Me:28 H:34
    Me: all tests normal!
    H:  Azoospermia (Sperm count zero).
    MFI Urologist all test normal.
    Biopsy Feb. 14

****EVERYONE WELCOME****
  • imagepnksteph:
    imageSarahTx5701:

are they timeable?

I say drink water too to see if that helps

Jackson W. Holler born 12/9/10 at 7:52 a.m. He is my little miracle baby!! pPROM'ed at 23w1d and delivered at 34w Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Thanks ladies! I called my doc last night and she said to continue to monitor them and if they are more consistent to go to L&D but they tapered off around 4 hours in. I go on Tuesday to my 36 week appt. so I will be checked out then. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"