3rd Trimester

Have you dropped?

Does anyone know if you can go into labor without noticeably dropping?  Or any 2+ moms know how long after you dropped you went into labor?

I don't think this baby is coming any time soon..I'm still waaaay high! :) 

Re: Have you dropped?

• LO has been low and head down for months. I figured that would mean he was coming sooner then later but at 37 weeks no dilation/effacement. 

Sorry if that doesn't help much but my OB said dropping or carrying low doesn't necessarily mean much.  

• yep. My LO dropped and engaged at the -2 station at 29 weeks. Clearly, in my case at least, it didn't mean too much lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have not dropped.  :(  Although I would like too at this point. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have no idea, but thanks for asking the question, because I've been curious myself!  At my baby shower (in late October), my best friend said that she thought I had dropped, and that may be, but I'm not sure.  I don't look noticeably different from what I can tell, but in the last couple of days, the weight on my pelvis is enough to make me want to cry!  DH has been wanting me to go into labor for quite some time, and I may actually finally be joining the ranks...
  • I dropped between 38-39 weeks, and had DD at 40w 6d.

A friend of mine never dropped at all and had her son right on her due date.

• My baby is still riding high. No dropping for us yet. Good luck.
    Sunny (37) & Scott (41) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • I think I have dropped because I was having a lot of rib pain at the beginning of this week which has stopped altogether. I am feeling pressure low and kicking a lot lower than before. But I have been carrying low the whole pregnancy. However, I don't think it  means much because I am only 32 weeks and hopefully will not go into labor any time soon.
  • I feel like the baby is low, but my stomach looks very high.

It may be a function of being only 5'4" - there are only so many places for a baby to go.

• No i haven't dropped yet. My baby goes up and down at will. But with my other pregnancies i dropped one week and had a baby 1 to 2 weeks later.
  • My LO has dropped twice now, First at 33 weeks and then again at 36. It's very noticeable but I am still only 1cm and feel pressure only when I walk for awhile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"