3rd Trimester

what week did you register at the hospital?

I can't remember when I registered with dd, but I plan on doing it when I go for my tour of the new hospital and I want to schedule it right.  TIA
DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)

Re: what week did you register at the hospital?

• I think I did it at 28 weeks or so.
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It depends on the facility. At one hospital, I had to register before I hit 7 months (but they were no longer a provider for my insurance). I toured a new hospital and registered there. Their policy was that you can register at any time, but the earlier, the better, so I turned in my paperwork the day of the tour. I was 28 weeks at the time.
    Joseph Michael - 12/22/2010
    5lbs 9 oz, 18.5 inches long
    6 months: 16lbs 15 oz, 27 inches long

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • My hospital prefers if you register prior to the end of your sixth month.
  • My doctor's office asked me to go and register last week at 34 weeks. I think everywhere is different though.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • i got my pre register papers and have them filled out, but i have one thing that says to turn them in, and another says to hand them in all filled out when you come into the hospital?? guess i am gonna have to call and find out.

• I didn't until 35 weeks. But, I also waited until after they sent me a letter and left a couple of messages on my machine to get back with them. I understand them wanting to get things going in advance, but honestly, the whole thing sort of annoyed me.

The hospital I'm going to (because of insurance) already told me they expected us to pay the deductible in advance or before we leave the hospital. I'm not planning on doing it unless they "make" me. That might seem rude, but they're notoriously billing people more than what they're supposed to and I don't like paying any medical bills until I have the chance to review the claim from my insurance company. I got a bill for lab work a couple of months ago and one of the charges they hadn't even billed to my insurance yet. Had I not looked it over with a "fine tooth comb" comparing all of the charges with my insurance statements, I would have ended up paying an extra $50 for that one visit.

Sorry for the mini-rant... Just saying, people should double-check all their bills against statements to make sure they're not being overcharged!

• I've heard that they won't even see you until you're at least 28 weeks, but I think I registered around 25 weeks?  But that was because the doc had me in for 24 hour monitoring to make sure baby was ok.  I called to find out about a tour, but when I spoke with the nurse who does them, she went over everything that we would do and I had pretty much seen the whole place between my overnight stay and visiting friends who have had babies, so I didn't even have to do the tour!  Big Smile
  • Mine says 28 weeks too. You just reminded me that i have to look for the packet when I get home.
  • imagewendy611:

I didn't until 35 weeks. But, I also waited until after they sent me a letter and left a couple of messages on my machine to get back with them. I understand them wanting to get things going in advance, but honestly, the whole thing sort of annoyed me.

The hospital I'm going to (because of insurance) already told me they expected us to pay the deductible in advance or before we leave the hospital. I'm not planning on doing it unless they "make" me. That might seem rude, but they're notoriously billing people more than what they're supposed to and I don't like paying any medical bills until I have the chance to review the claim from my insurance company. I got a bill for lab work a couple of months ago and one of the charges they hadn't even billed to my insurance yet. Had I not looked it over with a "fine tooth comb" comparing all of the charges with my insurance statements, I would have ended up paying an extra $50 for that one visit.

Sorry for the mini-rant... Just saying, people should double-check all their bills against statements to make sure they're not being overcharged!

Ya I'm with ya here! Why should you pay for services your haven't received? ugh.  

I understand that it is somewhat a convenience for the parents to pay a little at a time. I don't care though.  

• imagewendy611:

I didn't until 35 weeks. But, I also waited until after they sent me a letter and left a couple of messages on my machine to get back with them. I understand them wanting to get things going in advance, but honestly, the whole thing sort of annoyed me.

Ya I'm with ya here! Why should you pay for services your haven't received? ugh.  

I understand that it is somewhat a convenience for the parents to pay a little at a time. I don't care though.  

• My hospital calls you between 4-8 weeks before your due date to get you registered ... they just called me this week at 34 weeks.
  • I was told to register at 28 weeks.
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • wtf?  My OB's office made me fill out the paperwork at my 9w4d appointment.
    ~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Today. Lol. They gave me the stuff at my 30 week appointment, but I hadn't found a pediatrician yet.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • "My" OB (the one I usually see) told me to register between 24-28w.  I was asked at my appt on Weds if I had preregistered yet (by a different OB - officially my OB of record, but I'd never met her before, LOL) and when I said no, she wasn't concerned.  She just told me to fill out the paperwork so if I have to make an emergency run to L&D, it'll already be filled out and all they'll need is the copy of my insurance card.

Assuming I don't need to go to L&D any time soon, I plan on dropping off the forms somewhere around 36-37w... because I'm being induced around 38w for medical reasons.  I don't want them to have time to figure out that they should start trying to bill me ahead of time.  Like pp, I won't pay at the hospital (well, not any more than my co-pay), and I'll make payment arrangements with them after I get the EoB from my insurance company to make sure I'm not being overcharged.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • They gave me the paperwork at my first prenatal appointment so I just went ahead and sent it in early on.  I have no idea when they actually need it by though.
    Married to DH since 6/30/2007
    Me: 32  DH: 32
    BFP #1: 4/1/2010 DS born: 12/3/10
    TTC #2 since 5/2014
    BFP # 2 : 6/16/14 EDD: 2/25/15  Missed Miscarriage discovered 7/10/14 D&C 7/17/14 Pathology results normal
    BFP #3
    : 10/21/14 EDD: 7/6/15  11/24/14:  Saw heartbeat! 
    Missed Miscarriage discovered 12/22/14 at 12w0d D&C 12/23/14 Pathology: Partial Molar Pregnancy/Triploidy
    ~~Currently benched following PMP~~ 
    **all AL welcome**

image image
    TTCAL January 2015 Siggy Challenge:  Animals in the snow
    Scumbag Penguin

• They had me register ASAP (after my first OB appointment at 12 or so weeks), even though I didn't see a reason why so early.
    TTC #2 since 09/2016
    BFP 11/29 - m/c @ 5w
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • i asked mine about pre-reg & they said i don't do anything, i guess my ob's office files lab/blood work through them so they alreay have all of my ins info on hand. does this make sense to anyone else or do i need to call back & see if i can s/w a more competent person?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just asked about this at my OB appointment 2 weeks ago (so I would have been 37 weeks) and the secretary said, "Oh, remember that packet we gave to you at your nurse visit?" (which, BTW, was back when I was 12 or so weeks along).  All the paperwork for registering was in that folder.  I just sent it in 2 weeks ago even though it said to fill it out and send it at least a month prior to the due date.  Oops.  Since then my OB also had one of the nurses call the hospital and set an induction date for me as well, so I guess I'll be registered there one way or the other.

• I think my paperwork said to send it in around the fifth month, but I just did it at 33 weeks, and no one said anything bad.
    Married 11-8-08
    DS born 12-10-10
    DD born 11-5-12
    Boy/girl twins arrived 10-10-14!
  • My OB practice suggests pre-registering with the hospital at 15-16 weeks. That was done online. Then they ask that you stop by a month before the birth to sign/finalize paperwork.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • around 30 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i did it around week 20 but i just got the confirm last week in the mail
  • I was told to register at 32 weeks.  However, I registered a week ago.  Hopefully, I'll be fine.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We did our hospital tour 2 weeks ago and did it then. I was right around 30 weeks.
    IMG_5889 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I did mine this week at 28 weeks.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I guess I'll turn mine in whenever I feel like it.  I'm not being snarky, just honest.  I still have to find a pedi and that is supposed to go on the ppwk so I can't do it yet anyway.  If the hospital tries to bill me for anything in advance they will get an ear-full from me, like PP said, you have to go through that bill with a fine tooth comb and I need to make sure it's adjusted for our insurance first which takes some time.  I don't foresee it being a problem though because there were 3 hospitals all about the same distance from me that I could choose from and my OB has privileges at so nothing is set in stone until the day of.  Also, if you pre-pay and (heaven forbid) went into labor while traveling and delivered at a different hospital how would you get the money back from the first?  Weird.
  • My hospital ask for a Mom to register between 28 - 32 weeks. Usually people register while going thru with Birth center tour.
    Sunny (37) & Scott (41) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"