December 2010 Moms

I have an issue with "A Baby Story..."

1: The dad on this episode just said "I hope it's a girl. I hope it's healthy, but I hope it's a girl more." Really? Your wife had 2 miscarriages in the past year and you're here hoping you have a girl rather than a healthy baby?

2: The doctor doing the C/S was answering a question, so the camera was on him... and his goggles/glasses very nicely reflected the very bloody incision... Nice.

I'm totally cool with my own blood... not concerned about that in labor/delivery at all... but I don't need to see someone else's blood right after I eat my lunch.

ok, all done.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: I have an issue with "A Baby Story..."

• Lately I have an issue with all episodes of that show.  It freaks me out to see how in pain the women are, so I had to stop watching it.  I also avoid reading the birth story posts because I don't want to hear about anything going wrong because then I will just get even more nervous.

P.S. - That dad should be punched and the doctor should have no glare glasses :)

m/c #1 May 2009 at 5.5 weeks; m/c #2 August 2009 at 7.5 weeks; BFP in April 2010 and DS (the love of my life) born 12/07/10; m/c #3 June 2011 at 8 weeks (measured at 5)
  • I just watched the episode to and I could not believe that the dad to be said that!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I caught the tail end of that episode and the dad annoyed the crap out of me in just the 10 seconds I saw of him. Seems like a pretty sexist guy who sticks to the stereotypes of traditional gender roles. No
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I just watched that episode too.
  • Ugh... now on "Bringing Home Baby" or whatever, this chick is whining that her DH didn't get up to feed the baby and her mom didn't want to get up to change the baby. If you're awake, change the baby. Why would you wake up, then go ask someone else to change the baby, instead of doing it yourself?

And I'd like to see milk come out of your husband's nipples...

OMG. If you can't handle the baby, don't.have.one.

BabyFetus Ticker

• imageMLS_Becker:

Ugh... now on "Bringing Home Baby" or whatever, this chick is whining that her DH didn't get up to feed the baby and her mom didn't want to get up to change the baby. If you're awake, change the baby. Why would you wake up, then go ask someone else to change the baby, instead of doing it yourself?

What?!? You mean I'm going to have to nurse my own baby AND change his diapers if I'm up anyways? Holy crap, I did not sign up for this!

Stick out tongue

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Married my best friend, Chris, on 07/11/2009...
  • imageValVail67:
    imageMLS_Becker:

Ugh... now on "Bringing Home Baby" or whatever, this chick is whining that her DH didn't get up to feed the baby and her mom didn't want to get up to change the baby. If you're awake, change the baby. Why would you wake up, then go ask someone else to change the baby, instead of doing it yourself?

What?!? You mean I'm going to have to nurse my own baby AND change his diapers if I'm up anyways? Holy crap, I did not sign up for this!

Stick out tongue

Maybe if she spent less time on her hair, makeup and Tiffany jewelry then she's had more energy to take care of her own child. She's a piece of work!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageKristi221:
    imageValVail67:
    imageMLS_Becker:

Stick out tongue

Maybe if she spent less time on her hair, makeup and Tiffany jewelry then she's had more energy to take care of her own child. She's a piece of work!

Good call! She was like, "I'm not feeling well! Waaaaah!" and when she went to take her nap she looked like a freakin movie star. (well, with the hair and makeup anyway)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Ah man I turned it off and missed it!

I had more issues with the guy on the one just before that. Maybe I am just being biitchy today but I found it a problem that a) his wife was worried about what was on his shirt like she was his mom b) he needed be told to eat c) he didn't seem to be capable of handling himself if his wifey-poo wasn't directing his every move. 

Perhaps that is not how he is every day and that he was just super nervous but if my husband was a big wiener like that I would probably punch him in the throat and tell him to man up.

Indifferent 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am so obsessed with that show and the other one called: "Bringing Home Baby".  Most of the people on those shows are pretty well adjusted people, but don't you love when the weirdos are on there?  LOL.  If I were her, I would have let him have it right then and there - cameras or no cameras.  It is nice to have a preference, but why make her feel inadequate after all she's been through?  What a douche!  And I definitely get queasy watching some of the A.B.S. scenes (especially the C-section ones where the camera peeks over the sheet - ugh). 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"