3rd Trimester

Abbreviations

Where do I get the decoder of all these ridiculous abbreviations??? Why can't people just spell stuff out anymore? I feel like I am reading some 14 year old text messages on all these posts.

Re: Abbreviations

• Most are on the left side toward the bottom where it says Bump Board Glossary.  If something specific isn't there and you can't figure it out from context, just ask.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • *rolls eyes*  Why can't newbie's do a little looking before coming on here and making themselves sound like an ars....Column on the left....LOOK all the way at the bottom...it's called the BUMP BOARD GLOSSARY!

• Loading the player...
  • Why does this sound so.... snotty? Deal with it, you don't have to be here. If you would like to know the abbreviations they are HERE. Give it time and you will be using these abbreviations also.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sastaton...don't worry about it!  There is a bump glossary, but it is way at the bottom and hard to see.  It took me awhile to find it too. Also, they don't have everything on that list.  But it does help with some things.

IMO (in my opinion), the bump is really unorganized.  My husband creates webpages and he looks at the bump and thinks it is a nightmare.  It is hard to find what you need, or to get back to something you saw earlier.

GL! :0)

• imagesastaton:

Where do I get the decoder of all these ridiculous abbreviations??? Why can't people just spell stuff out anymore? I feel like I am reading some 14 year old text messages on all these posts.

IMHO, we do it because its easier than writing it all out... and FWIW, you sound like a f***ing @ss. get off your high horse, or get off the boards. TIA, biotch. 

• There is also a "new to the bump" board where questions like these can be posted and answered.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC #2 since 8/2012
    Me:28 H:34
    Me: all tests normal!
    H:  Azoospermia (Sperm count zero).
    MFI Urologist all test normal.
    Biopsy Feb. 14

****EVERYONE WELCOME****
  • Now I know we are all hormonal but swearing and yelling at someone for asking a question you probably asked yourself before is uncalled for. And like someone else said these boards are a little hard to follow if you are new.
  • imageNotenoughair:
    Now I know we are all hormonal but swearing and yelling at someone for asking a question you probably asked yourself before is uncalled for. And like someone else said these boards are a little hard to follow if you are new.

Yes, and there's also a better way to ask us for help then to come on and say we speak like teenagers in text messages. Also, FTR, I never asked about abbreviations... I looked around the page first.

• imageHUrquiza:

imageNotenoughair:
    Now I know we are all hormonal but swearing and yelling at someone for asking a question you probably asked yourself before is uncalled for. And like someone else said these boards are a little hard to follow if you are new.

Yes, and there's also a better way to ask us for help then to come on and say we speak like teenagers in text messages. Also, FTR, I never asked about abbreviations... I looked around the page first.

THIS!!!!!  Seriously, it's called look around, lurk...AND when you post a snotty post, your not going to get a very welcoming response! 

• imagejmepurple:

THIS!!!!!  Seriously, it's called look around, lurk...AND when you post a snotty post, your not going to get a very welcoming response! 

Yes you catch more flies with honey...

• As soon as I read the title to this post I knew it'd make me smile.

Now I need about 50 more of these types of posts so the next 2 hours of my work day fly by.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Married my best friend, Chris, on 07/11/2009...
  • Hmm.. not saying her question wasn't phrased with a rather snotty tone, but why do so many of the responses have to be equally as rude, if not more so? Yikes, can't we all be adults and be nice to each other? :(
  • imageevenstar622:

IMO (in my opinion), the bump is really unorganized.  My husband creates webpages and he looks at the bump and thinks it is a nightmare.  It is hard to find what you need, or to get back to something you saw earlier.

I agree, I also am a web developer and frankly, I love the bump and it's purpose, but there is a ton wrong with it, and it is not a very intuitive website, especially when things things don't work!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"