Texas Babies

Need OBGYN Recommendations Please

After an awful experience at my 6 week post partum check up, I've decided I need a new doctor. Please let me know if you have a recommendation. Thanks so much!
Photobucket

Re: Need OBGYN Recommendations Please

• I love Dr. King with Northeast OBGYN. If she was to magically disappear, I would switch to Dr. Murdock her associate. She was great the few OB appointments I saw her for.

I was delivered by Dr. Thompson who wasn't my favorite.

• I go to Northeast OB/GYN also, Dr. Chavana is my OB but Dr. Sadler has been my GYN for years. He just doesn't delvier babies anymore.

I really like their practice. They have 3 locations NorthEast baptist, Stone Oak and their new office in Schertz on Schertz parkway.

• Loading the player...
  • I see Dr. Villanueva off Sonterra. He just split from a huge practice and now has a solo practice. I never wait more than 5 min in the waiting room!! website is not the best but he was voted best OBGYN at Stone Oak Methodist recently.

https://docvmd.com/ 

• I too go to Dr. Villanueva and love him!!  Very personal experiance, delightful bedside manner and always attentive. I never wait either, staff is also friendly. 
  • imageslharbi1:

I go to Northeast OB/GYN also, Dr. Chavana is my OB but Dr. Sadler has been my GYN for years. He just doesn't delvier babies anymore.

I really like their practice. They have 3 locations NorthEast baptist, Stone Oak and their new office in Schertz on Schertz parkway.

I only saw Dr. Chavana once, but I really liked her!  I am going to start seeing her in October.

Years of trying and treatment, IVF#1 brought us our darling C!
  • I also go to NE and see Farhart. Love him!!! Dr. Theis delivered Elise (same practice... Farhart was on vaca) and if it wasn't for him, I would have for sure had a c/s. So I would also rec him!

NE is a large practice, but that doesn't bother me.  I've never had too long of a wait and the doctors and nurses are fabulous. No complaints! I also like that they are connected to the hospital. (North Central Baptist)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you for all your responses. Unfortunately, none of the doctors at Northeast OBGYN and Dr Villanueva aren't covered by my insurance (Humana PPO). If you know of any others please let me know!

Thanks again

Photobucket
  • I see Dr. Novak at Women's Partners (also located at Northeast Baptist).  She is great!  I switched to her after seeing a doctor at Northeast OBGYN - I had a C-section with DD and am considering a VBAC with #2, but Northeast OBGYN didn't seem open to the possibility, even though I am considered to be a good candidate. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I saw Dr. Marissa Largoza for both of my kids and adored her.  She's incredibly sweet, knowledgeable, and very supportive.
  • My OBGYN is dr.williamson with Lonestar OBGYN.They are located in the medical center. I had to switch OB doctors because of a move and his staff is really friendly and I have yet to have a long wait in his office. He also takes the time to let you ask questions without feeling rushed. 
  • imagepuma84:
    My OBGYN is dr.williamson with Lonestar OBGYN.They are located in the medical center. I had to switch OB doctors because of a move and his staff is really friendly and I have yet to have a long wait in his office. He also takes the time to let you ask questions without feeling rushed. 

Have you seen any other physicians at Lonestar? Just curious how the others are also. I've read some good reviews online about Dr Williamson

Photobucket
  • imagedoyalnr:

Thank you for all your responses. Unfortunately, none of the doctors at Northeast OBGYN and Dr Villanueva aren't covered by my insurance (Humana PPO). If you know of any others please let me know!

Thanks again

I have a Humana EPO and I am covered for Northeast...random.

• It turns out all of your suggestions are covered under my plan! Apparently I had to broaden my search distance...duh

Thank you all for your responses. Now I have to decide who to make an appointment with.

Photobucket
  • williamson is the only one that i have seen but my friend said the others are good too. 
  • I see Dr. Jacobs at Lone Star Ob/gyn and she is fabulous and so is her staff.  She is very easy going and not too invasive.  She was ammendable to everything in my birth plan, however she did discuss with me situations which would require deviation from my plan, which I appreciated.  She also has a very calm bedside manner.  While pregnant I only saw her and ended up being delivered by her.  She generally delivers 4 ou of 5 of her patients.  I will continue to see her as long as she is practicing.
  • I use Dr. Belica at Women's Institute for Health.  Love her!!! 
  • I see Dr. Becerio at LoneStar... she's great!
  • I love Dr. Farhart too!!!! He is awesome! I would rec. him a thousand times. Such a great person!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"