Nurseries and Baby Gear

Girl Owl Bedding

is kind of hard to find. I love this set from Target: https://www.target.com/Circo-Love-Nature-Bedding-Collection/dp/B0025V83RO

But it doesnt come in crib size. I might make it work somehow with individual peices to bring the crib together.

I'm also open to tree and bird bedding. Anyone else going to Owl, Bird, or Tree themed nursery route?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Girl Owl Bedding

• I am!  Pottery Barn has a lot of cute pieces that are associated with their Brooke Crib Bedding.  Also check out Etsy, they have a ton of owl/bird decorations.  
    Visit The Nest!
  • They have a toddler bedding set: https://www.target.com/Circo-Love-Nature-4-pc-Toddler/dp/B002Q22Y8Q

You'd be able to use fitted sheet in the crib and could toss the comforter over a glider.

I love the Love & Nature wall decals.  I have them in DD1's room with a few other pieces from the Love & Nature line.  As far as bedding goes, I went with a green breathable bumper, pink crib skirt, and a natural color organic sheet.

This is another cute Owl bedding set: https://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/hayley-nursery-bedding/?pkey=bgirls-nursery-bedding

Like the pp mentioned, there are tons of owl and tree decorations on etsy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Loading the player...
  • imageNavyPilotWife:

This is the bedding set we are using and we love it!  DD #1 also had bedding from PBK and we were very pleased with it.

I am also using etsy to get several of my wall decorations, and letters for her name.  You can type the name of the bedding into the search box and find sellers who will do custom work to match it.

Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSeasideBride06:
    imageNavyPilotWife:

This is the bedding set we are using and we love it!  DD #1 also had bedding from PBK and we were very pleased with it.

I am also using etsy to get several of my wall decorations, and letters for her name.  You can type the name of the bedding into the search box and find sellers who will do custom work to match it.

I'm also doing the exact same thing. I just got the sheets and the pillow sham to this set and went on Etsy and had wall letters, bow holder, draw knobs and a ton of other stuff made to match. I can't wait to put it all together.  

• I love the Brooke set from PBK- eBay also has some accessories that match this set. One seller makes french message boards in that fabric and any color ribbon and button you like. I was trying to be more budget friendly with the $29.99 set from Target but oh how I love those trees on the Brooke set Smile If only the quilt was included in the crib set! I may splurge on it since DD#1 never had a nursery. And coming from PBK- it will last.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Finding the perfect crib bedding to go with your decorating ideas is always tricky! In fact, it's almost an impossible feat!

I would recommend:

1- Go with solid or patterned bedding with a similar color palette as the owls and birds accents you're incorporating in the room.

2- https://www.roomsbyyou.com/ it's awesome!

3- Make your own! I made one myself and it was the first time I'd ever used a sewing machine. There's a tutorial here.

Good luck!

Lover of all things baby. Founder & Editor of Chic & Cheap Nursery.
  • imagenaa2114:

Finding the perfect crib bedding to go with your decorating ideas is always tricky! In fact, it's almost an impossible feat!

I would recommend:

1- Go with solid or patterned bedding with a similar color palette as the owls and birds accents you're incorporating in the room.

2- https://www.roomsbyyou.com/ it's awesome!

3- Make your own! I made one myself and it was the first time I'd ever used a sewing machine. There's a tutorial here.

Good luck!

Thanks! I really want to learn to sew so maybe this is a good place to start!

• I am doing a owl bedding theme. The only problem is i can't find any i like. So i'm going to make my own. Its not hard at all and fabric stores usually have a wide enough variety that you can mix and match or do one pattern for pretty much the whole set. And its a good way to keep your mind off of anything thats painful, like your back or feet. i'm sure that doesn't help you, but maybe your mother-in-law or mother wants to be more involved. Asking them to help you is a good way to make them feel involved in the pregnancy.
  • imageSparrowbird68:
    I am doing a owl bedding theme. The only problem is i can't find any i like. So i'm going to make my own. Its not hard at all and fabric stores usually have a wide enough variety that you can mix and match or do one pattern for pretty much the whole set. And its a good way to keep your mind off of anything thats painful, like your back or feet. i'm sure that doesn't help you, but maybe your mother-in-law or mother wants to be more involved. Asking them to help you is a good way to make them feel involved in the pregnancy.

Because you are so "unique", right? 

• imagekelseymw:

??  Not sure what that comment means but anyway....

I am doing an owl theme as well (because they are so CUTE!  I am not trying to win any "unique" awards and doubt anyone else is either...).

My sister is making me a quilt that will have an owl in the center, and I second etsy as a great place to find other art and decor to pull it together.  I got an owl in a tree wall decal, framed print with the alphabet on the owl's tummy, and a stuffed owl. 

• Actually kelseymw, its because i dont feel like paying over $200 for a bedding set. Its much cheaper to make it yourself and it'll help me with my sewing, considering i'm taking fashion as a minor. And again, trying to amp up the pregancy for myself. Hows that kels?
  • imagehollyh74:
    imagekelseymw:

??  Not sure what that comment means but anyway....

I am doing an owl theme as well (because they are so CUTE!  I am not trying to win any "unique" awards and doubt anyone else is either...).

My sister is making me a quilt that will have an owl in the center, and I second etsy as a great place to find other art and decor to pull it together.  I got an owl in a tree wall decal, framed print with the alphabet on the owl's tummy, and a stuffed owl. 

It's in reference to a crazy tangent she went on yesterday. Here is the link. For the record, I love owl nurseries. Smile

The point is all of us on this site think pregnancy is so great but really it's "so boring", we all have "no originality", she is "dying to break us away from the norm" and it all started with a post about how she wants her child's room to be so unique...  it's ironic that she's doing such a popular theme.

• imageSparrowbird68:
    Actually kelseymw, its because i dont feel like paying over $200 for a bedding set. Its much cheaper to make it yourself and it'll help me with my sewing, considering i'm taking fashion as a minor. And again, trying to amp up the pregancy for myself. Hows that kels?

All completely valid points for wanting to sew your own bedding set. It's just ironic that after your tangent yesterday regarding originality and wanting to create a unique room that you'd be using such a popular theme. Just an observation. 

• It isn't owl bedding but it is bird themed and I think pretty cute

https://www.amazon.com/Bananafish-Love-Bird-4pc-Crib/dp/B0025YQ4UE

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"