3rd Trimester

BRU is pissing me off

So I wait and wait and hem and haw and finally we go on Saturday to buy our glider from BRU... with gift cards we take a nice chunk off.

That very night, a friend gives me a 20% off coupon... that we could have used on the glider. 

Today I get a 20% off coupon in my email... that we could have used on the glider.

AUUUUGGGGH. No we're not going to put the glider back together and take it back to repurchase it, and the coupons all say "not good for prior purchases".

Granted we could use it on a pump but I can't decide which one I want and the coupon doesn't cover Ameda, but Amazon sells Ameda for less than the Medela with the coupon.

My head hurts. 

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

Re: BRU is pissing me off

• all you have to do is take your receipt & the coupon to customer service & they will refund you the 20% off amount.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimage

Natural M/C at 7 weeks 9.17.08 Natural M/C at 7 weeks 2.1.13

• i would try to bring the receipt and the coupon into the store. a friend of mine was able to do that on a piece of her nursery set after her shower. And she said the store was very accommodating! :) Worth a shot!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker emsummer6-1 Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • Buy the *exact* same glider with the 20% off coupon, leave it in the packaging, and then return it using the first full-price receipt, so you get the full-price refund.  The SKUs are the exact same, so it will work.  And you get to keep the one you already have.
    Married 11-8-08
    DS born 12-10-10
    DD born 11-5-12
    Boy/girl twins arrived 10-10-14!
  • YAY! I called our local Toys R Us and I was very nice and "gee it would have been really nice to get that money off" about it.  They said to bring the receipt and coupon in and they'll adjust it. I made a note of the guy's name, too.

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• I am starting to hate that store too:

We orderd and paid in full for a nursery set from BRU (we also registered there). When the set was delivered it was damaged in 2 spots, the dresser drawer and what I was told was the left side of the crib (this was by the guy who ASSEMBLES CRIBS for a living). Replacement pieces came within a week, and the drawer was perfect but the new crib peice was also damaged so they re-ordered it for a second time....

37 business days later and TWO additional deliveries of cribs sides (one was damaged, the other was fine) DH and I take out the instructions to put together the crib only to realize that the guy who ASSEMBLES CRIBS for a living told us it was the left side by accident, and we really needed a right side. So back to BRU for us...

26 days later we FINALLY get the right side of our crib. This was after 3 follow up phone calls and begging to be reimbursed for a portion of our purchase. We got 20% back.

In total, we waited 63 days for our set of furniture (JUST put it together this past weekend), went through 3 left-sides of the crib (which I was later told to just "throw out"!), had to follow up with the re-order each time (twice they forgot to re-order it when they said they would- good thing I called to check on it).

Once we have used all of our gift certificates, we will most likely never shop there again!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image
  • I am glad they are working with you on refunding the 20%.  DH and I ordered our nursery furniture from there and the dresser came in to the store and they noticed it was damaged. They ordered a replacement dresser for us and then called and let us know what was going on.  We also ordered the future pieces needed to make it a toddler and full size bed and it took about a month longer for those to come in than expected.  I didn't complain because we aren't due until December so it wasn't that big of a deal but the other day I received two $50 gift cards in the mail with an apology from TRU/BRU about the delay.  I have not had any issues with this company and will continue to shop there because they have been so accomodating and proactive.
  • Sorry, it has happened to me too. I have just been buying on Amazon...to make sure I get the lower prices.
    Sunny (37) & Scott (41) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"