Trying to Get Pregnant

Having trouble...TTC..why?!

Ahhh?does anyone else feel like totally whipped out TTC? It is a lot of work..some fun yes, but a lot of work. I am getting tired and it?s only been a couple of months. I can?t image what its like for couples that have been trying to years. We totally understand how disgruntled and upset they must get; and we are not even on the same level.

My husband and I are both in our twenties, I workout daily, I eat healthy, and we still are having trouble. What gives?

I have read a couple of books on TTC and other than waiting until you are ovulating and the basics..I still feel like it?s a shot in the dark each time. Any advice on ways to conceive..I am trying to stay positive and think ?it will happen when its right?,? but we want it now!!

Re: Having trouble...TTC..why?!

• You aren't having trouble.
    Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • click the newbie link at the top of the page...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It can take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive. Two months of TTC is nothing and a lot of the girls on here have been trying a lot longer than that, so while you may find some support here, I don't think you'll find sympathy...You might want to try charting, GL. 
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Fertility friend is very helpful. You can get to the website by clicking any of our FF tickers in our siggys. Good luck!
    Me- 26 DH-32
    TTC since August 2010
    Unexplained Infertility
    5 rounds of clomid and 4 rounds of tamoxifen = BFN
    IUI #1 - Jan 2012 with Tamoxifen - BFN IUI #2 - Feb 2012 Cancelled :(
    IVF #1- May 2012: BFP on 05/29/12!! 06/01 Beta #1= 122 06/04 Beta #2 74 :( - C/P
    06/07/12 = BFN Moving onto IVF #2 August 2012
    22 retrieved, 13 fertilized, none to freeze
    Transferred two embies on 08/19. Beta 1 is 08/31 Beta #1-122 Beta #2- 541
    1st U/S 09/12- 1 sac!
    Praying this is my take home baby!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    My Blog!
  • Welcome.  As others suggested, there is a lot of good info in the newbie link that helped me a ton.  A lot of ladies on here also chart and use the website fertility friend.  I'd recommend the tutorials that they email you when you sign up - lots of great info to help with TTC.

• imagehomediva:
    It can take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive. Two months of TTC is nothing and a lot of the girls on here have been trying a lot longer than that, so while you may find some support here, I don't think you'll find sympathy...You might want to try charting, GL. 

Yes 

• A couple of months is not having trouble. Take a deep breath.

It can take a healthy couple up to 1 year to conceive. You only have about a 20% chance of becoming pregnant each cycle and that is with perfect timing.

Have you tried charting? I don't mean keeping track of your period. I mean taking your temp every morning and recording it on a chart along with other things like cervical mucous. What about doing OPKs? Take a look at fertilityfriend.com. You can get to it by clicking on the ticker in my siggy.

GL.

Me: 35 I DH: 38
    *TW loss and children mentioned*
    DD:2006 | Dx: Unexplained Secondary Infertility | DS: 2011

TFAS since 2012

Oct 16: Spontaneous BFP | m/c @ 9w1d (massive SCH) | D&C
    Apr 17: IUI #1 = BFN
    May 17: IUI #2 = BFN
    Jun 17: IUI #3 = Late BFP (18 DPO) | NMC 17Jul17 @ ~6w
    Aug 17: IUI #4 = Cancelled due to premature ovulation | TI = BFN
    Sep 17: IUI #5 = Cancelled due to overstimulation (10+ follies)
    Nov 17: IVF #1 = Cancelled due to non-IF related health issue | TI = BFN
    Dec 17: IVF #1 = Puregon 200, Menopur 75, Orgalutran, Suprefact trigger due to OHSS risk | 22R, 18M, 16F, 10B frozen  
    Feb 18: FET #1 (medicated) = BFN
    Mar 18: FET #2 (natural cycle) = CP (beta 1: 54; beta 2: 0)
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = cancelled due to missed ovulation
    Apr 18: FET #3 (natural cycle) = BFP! Beta 1: 201  Beta 2: 585 Beta 3: 3254 Beta 4: 9715 U/S 19May - one bean measuring on track with a HB of 125!
    EDD: 07Jan2019 Team Green
    My Rainbow Baby Boy born 03Jan2019 <3 

• imagekfschaaf:

Ahhh?does anyone else feel like totally whipped out TTC? It is a lot of work..some fun yes, but a lot of work. I am getting tired and it?s only been a couple of months. I can?t image what its like for couples that have been trying to years. We totally understand how disgruntled and upset they must get; and we are not even on the same level.

My husband and I are both in our twenties, I workout daily, I eat healthy, and we still are having trouble. What gives?

I have read a couple of books on TTC and other than waiting until you are ovulating and the basics..I still feel like it?s a shot in the dark each time. Any advice on ways to conceive..I am trying to stay positive and think ?it will happen when its right?,? but we want it now!!

No, you do not.

No, you aren't. A couple months is FAR away from trouble.

With that out of the way, read the newbie links, TCOYF, and start charting. Yes, it can take a normal, healthy couple up to a year to conceive.

Infertility, Life & Loss Blog
    imageimage
    Love & luck to my 3TC girls. Congrats to Omega-The boys are here!
    If there's one thing I've learned while waiting my turn,
    it's that in each life some rain falls but you also get some sun.
    After 2 years & 2 losses, our little man arrived 8-2011.
  • imageMandyBrownNoser:
    You aren't having trouble.
    this, but if ypur concerned see a dr.
  • imagestepheverhart:
    imageMandyBrownNoser:

Jesus H. Christ, why?

2 girls and a dog
  • I've only been trying for a little while too and I am also frustrated, but there is a lot of support and info on this board. Read the newbie stuff, read about charting, and try not to stress. And when you are stressing, it is really helpful to read the posts on here and realize you are not the only one and you are not a freak! GL :)
  • imageheather_09_15_07:

imagestepheverhart:
    imageMandyBrownNoser:

Jesus H. Christ, why?

Exactly. Please expound. 

Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • you need to chart. otherwise you are guessing at ovulation days and could totally be missing the boat. Or, you might not be ovulating at all! You don't know if you don't chart. sorry.

good luck.

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• imagestepheverhart:
    imageMandyBrownNoser:

And your reasoning behind this would be?!

Infertility, Life & Loss Blog
    imageimage
    Love & luck to my 3TC girls. Congrats to Omega-The boys are here!
    If there's one thing I've learned while waiting my turn,
    it's that in each life some rain falls but you also get some sun.
    After 2 years & 2 losses, our little man arrived 8-2011.
  • imageAmberZ2be:
    imagekfschaaf:

No, you do not.

No, you aren't. A couple months is FAR away from trouble.

With that out of the way, read the newbie links, TCOYF, and start charting. Yes, it can take a normal, healthy couple up to a year to conceive.

Yes

photo dune-1-1.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagehomediva:
    It can take a healthy couple up to a year to conceive. Two months of TTC is nothing and a lot of the girls on here have been trying a lot longer than that, so while you may find some support here, I don't think you'll find sympathy...You might want to try charting, GL. 

This. Yes

• I know it can be frustrating when you want it to happen NOW, but trying for a couple of months is not "having trouble."  TTC is often an exercise in patience...hang in there.
  •  Every woman's body is different and understanding your body is key. Read the newbie link, start charting and taking your temps. It could take  a year for healthy couples and sometimes it takes longer. It took me almost 4 years with DD.

Goodluck!

• You aren't having trouble, yet.  If you haven't conceived in a year, then you may have a reason to be concerned. A couple of months is nothing to get upset about, you would be extremely lucky to get pregnant in such a short amount of time.  Read Taking Charge of Your Fertility, register for Fertility Friend and keep trying. Sorry but you really won't get a lot of sympathy from this board.
  • I was probably "hormonal" or something while reading some of these replies you received, but some of them seemed kind of mean spirited... like they were putting you down for being frustrated with your particular situation. Just know that there ARE others out there that are just as early into the process and already a bit frustrated too! It's easy to listen to the horror stories about how long it has taken so many people, but then there are also people that conceive on their first try, or even when not trying. Chin up and don't listen so much to the Debbie Downers ;-)  
  • imagestacytate:
    I was probably "hormonal" or something while reading some of these replies you received, but some of them seemed kind of mean spirited... like they were putting you down for being frustrated with your particular situation. Just know that there ARE others out there that are just as early into the process and already a bit frustrated too! It's easy to listen to the horror stories about how long it has taken so many people, but then there are also people that conceive on their first try, or even when not trying. Chin up and don't listen so much to the Debbie Downers ;-)  

Hmm

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• imagestacytate:
    I was probably "hormonal" or something while reading some of these replies you received, but some of them seemed kind of mean spirited... like they were putting you down for being frustrated with your particular situation. Just know that there ARE others out there that are just as early into the process and already a bit frustrated too! It's easy to listen to the horror stories about how long it has taken so many people, but then there are also people that conceive on their first try, or even when not trying. Chin up and don't listen so much to the Debbie Downers ;-)  

Huh? 

**TTC since 10/2009** **BFP 4/15/12- Dx Molar Pregnancy- Surgery 5/15/12 & 5/22/12** **BFP 1/23/14- 1st Beta (1/24/14) 171 2nd Beta (1/28/14) 860** Pregnancy Ticker

• imagestacytate:

Oh Jeezey Creezy. Indifferent

the LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalms 34:18
    My Blog || BFP Chart
    11/27/10-BFP, EDD 8/9/11 || 1/4-7/10- missed m/c 9wks
    4/25/11- BFP , EDD 1/5/12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagestacytate:

Really? You're an idiot.  I usually lurk but seriously, these answers were spot on.  They're not going to cuddle with someone who has barely been trying and tell her it'll be alright and she totes gets what it's like to have trouble.  Hell, I don't even consider myself in the Trouble TTC group and  I have diagnosed PCOS, had a lap for a cyst and suspected endo, and have not used protection for over 3 years.  Seriously, OP, you haven't been trying long at all, calm down and read Taking Charge of Your Fertility.  If after you've been charting you see that you aren't ovulating, THEN go to a doctor.  If you're ovulating regularly then wait a year and go to your Dr. if you aren't pregnant.  You only have a 20-25% chance AT MOST per cycle and the average for young, healthy people with no problems is 6 months.  Keep trying, calm down, and learn from the ladies on this board.  If you make it to a year or more (and I really hope you don't) you'll understand exactly why you got the answers you did and I wouldn't be surprised if you gave the same ones to people who haven't been trying long at all.

TTC #1 Lap 11/5/10-large paratubal cyst removed. Stage III Endo removed Dx: PCOS Cycle 11: Clomid 50mg CD 3-7 + trigger + TI= BFN Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg + trigger + IUI: BFN Cycle 13: Clomid 150mg + estradiol + IUI: ?
  • imagestacytate:

Wow.Confused

OP :   I have absolutely no sympathy for you. I wish I could complain about not being knocked up after 2 months. boo. hoo.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"