Houston Babies

Katy girls, which hospital did you/will you deliver at?

i have no idea about either christus or memorial hermann katy.  my doc can go to both.  any advice?  tia:)

Re: Katy girls, which hospital did you/will you deliver at?

• I loved loved loved MH. The nurses there are awesome. I pushed for over 2 hours and they were so supportive during all of it.

I had emergency surgery and was really upset I wouldn't get the 1 hour of bonding time afterwards and that they would hand over Olivia and she would be bathed but that wasn't the case at all!

I made it back to my room and they brought her to be unbathed and ready to breastfeed for that initial hour before they did anything to her I was so grateful of this. I was really worried I wouldnt get that time. 

The food is pretty good (I know silly). The lactation consultant there is wonderful as well as all the nurses. I think I asked 10 million times if our latch was right and for them to 'watch' me bf and they all did. I can't say enough good things about their staff and my stay. Let me know if you have any more questions.

• ohh that sounds wonderful!  and of course the food makes a difference, lol:)

i'm probably going to have a repeat c/s this time around and i really, really want that initial bonding time.  i didn't get to see my daughter for almost two hours after my c/s and it was horrible.  i'm so glad to know they are supportive of bfing...lord knows i'll need all the help i can get.   

• Loading the player...
  • I delivered my son at MH Sugar Land, but it's pretty much the same thing as MH Katy. I had a great experience there and I ditto Erica about the food =)

I'm going to deliver #2 at MH Memorial City. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageKimmer123:

I delivered my son at MH Sugar Land, but it's pretty much the same thing as MH Katy. I had a great experience there and I ditto Erica about the food =)

I'm going to deliver #2 at MH Memorial City. 

I delivered both sons at MH Katy.  I will deliver my future children there as well!  I had zero complaints.  The nurses and staff were awesome and the food was good!  

I have heard good things about Christus, too.   

Mom to Alex - 8.29.06, Foster - 1.22.09, Emily - 6.24.11 imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I had a great experience at MH Katy as well. The only thing that I HATED about my experience was because I delivered on the weekend I was not able to meet with a LC.  The nurses were a little helpful, but they ran out of ideas pretty quickly when my son wasn't latching.  Luckily he would with a nipple shield so we didn't have to supplement, but I was sent home basically terrified about nursing because it wasn't working.  In the end it was fine because I just got in touch with a LC once I got home, but those hormones can really make you stress out about things, haha!
  • imageLiLi83:
    I had a great experience at MH Katy as well. The only thing that I HATED about my experience was because I delivered on the weekend I was not able to meet with a LC.  The nurses were a little helpful, but they ran out of ideas pretty quickly when my son wasn't latching.  Luckily he would with a nipple shield so we didn't have to supplement, but I was sent home basically terrified about nursing because it wasn't working.  In the end it was fine because I just got in touch with a LC once I got home, but those hormones can really make you stress out about things, haha!

I had a wonderful experience at MH Katy as well, but I was least satisfied with the breastfeeding help.  I delivered on a Monday but I found that every nurse had a different opinion, which got me VERY frustrated.  My issue was same as Lili and I ended up calling a LC to come to my house and help me and we also had to use a nipple shield.  I would not hesitate to deliver there again though or recommend it.  

• Memorial Hermann-Katy

LOVED my main nurse,Leslie. My other nurses were good,too but I had issues after my c/s while in recover and despite her shift being over, Leslie refused to leave(even though the other nurse was right there) until she knew everything was ok.

As for the food, couldn't really tell you. I was put on a limited diet initially and then didn't want food really after that.

What was cool was being given a birthday cake the day we left to celebrate DS birthday of actually being born.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MH all the way! My nephew was born at Christus and my SIL's OB won't deliver there anymore. In fact, a lot of dr's aren't delivering there anymore.

Kimmer - I'm a patient on the L&D floor at Mem City right now (migraine of death got me admitted!) and I can tell you that the nurses I've had over the past 3 days have been the best ever! They're so friendly and quick to help you with whatever you need. Plus the facilities are really nice and the food is great!

• I delievered at MHK, it was a great expereince.  The nurses were great, and real attentive.  I would choose there again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"