3rd Trimester

REALLY need to stop buying baby clothes!

You know. Because she probably needs things like more diapers and... I don't know. Whatever else babies need. But I *can't* seem to stop buying her clothes! This kid already has more shoes than *me* almost! Ay yi yi.

Re: REALLY need to stop buying baby clothes!

• I can imagine this is a problem when you know what you are having!

I bought 5 Christmas outfits. Ridiculous. But they were too cute NOT to buy! 

• i know its so fun to buy but unless you plan to go out lots, it really is sooo much easier (in my opinion) to have them in the footy sleepers or pjs at home..:)
  • Loading the player...
  • I had this problem with my first son last year. He is the first of everything on both sides (first grandchild, nephew, first of our friends, etc.)

Needless to say, he has more clothes than my husband and I combined! When we found out we were having another boy, we said great, we don't have to buy any clothes...however I've still been shopping like crazy for him. I can't stop! lol There are too many cute outfits! :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageccrow:
    i know its so fun to buy but unless you plan to go out lots, it really is sooo much easier (in my opinion) to have them in the footy sleepers or pjs at home..:)

Gah! The worst part is, I know this! It's not like I'm going to be toting her around every day, all day. We're going to snuggle up at home, and I know dang well she doesn't need frilly skirts and winter jackets for that.

I was shopping the other day and bought her some little jeans. Two pairs. One in newborn size and one in 0-3 month size. Same jeans. Different size. When I got home, DH was like, Great. You bought her two of the exact same thing *rolls eyes* And I was like, I KNOW! But I had to get some for when she's born, and then again for like, six days AFTER she's born!

I need an intervention.

• well aslong as you realize it.. :) i too have bought several cute things that #2 could live with out but its a girl after having a boy im of course excited for new girlie things, but i have to ask myself this at the store "do we really need this?" and if its really cute i try to go in the 3-6mth size because really even the cute jeans on boys were a huge PITA to keep on and situated with my first...they stay so crunched and cuddled up...plus i cuddled and held him so mych the super soft pjs were awesome to cuddle up to :)
  • I have A LOT of cute clothes myself. Having said that, I was in graduate school up until last year, so the only way I could keep fashionable was if I was smart about it. I learned to buy everythingggg on sale and to walk away from things if they are not on sale yet. The only things I buy at regular price are high end designer items like LV, Chanel, Louboutins, etc because I know they never go on sale and I don't buy them weekly/ often.

I am doing the same with this baby and it's been working out well so far. I don't buy her any high end designer items but I do get her all these cute little dresses, shoes and jackets. I have also decided to start looking at older clothing like 6 months and 9 months. Like I said, this helps a lot, because once you buy stuff on sale, you never want to pay the regular price for it. And when I say sale, I mean really good sales...over 50-75% off. It takes a while to accumulate stuff but it curbs the spending.

• imagemishu917:

I have A LOT of cute clothes myself. Having said that, I was in graduate school up until last year, so the only way I could keep fashionable was if I was smart about it. I learned to buy everythingggg on sale and to walk away from things if they are not on sale yet. The only things I buy at regular price are high end designer items like LV, Chanel, Louboutins, etc because I know they never go on sale and I don't buy them weekly/ often.

I am doing the same with this baby and it's been working out well so far. I don't buy her any high end designer items but I do get her all these cute little dresses, shoes and jackets. I have also decided to start looking at older clothing like 6 months and 9 months. Like I said, this helps a lot, because once you buy stuff on sale, you never want to pay the regular price for it. And when I say sale, I mean really good sales...over 50-75% off. It takes a while to accumulate stuff but it curbs the spending.

Oh yea - I'm a big sale shopper. Like, in all parts of my life (I'm *that* lady at the grocery store with eleventymillion coupons. hehe!) And I do have to say that I haven't yet broke down and bought her any actual designer stuff - Even on sale, I can't justify $40 for bibs. haha! What I've been trying to do is hit the end of season sales for some of her bigger clothes, but even then... It's still a LOT! I was hanging up some of her stuff the other day, and her closet is literally full already. I just keep going to the store, and picking up stuff and thinking "This is SO TINY! I must have it!"

• imagelizsites:

Oh yea - I'm a big sale shopper. Like, in all parts of my life (I'm *that* lady at the grocery store with eleventymillion coupons. hehe!) And I do have to say that I haven't yet broke down and bought her any actual designer stuff - Even on sale, I can't justify $40 for bibs. haha! What I've been trying to do is hit the end of season sales for some of her bigger clothes, but even then... It's still a LOT! I was hanging up some of her stuff the other day, and her closet is literally full already. I just keep going to the store, and picking up stuff and thinking "This is SO TINY! I must have it!"

Yea, I hear ya. So it's not that bad if you're getting her older stuff....just don't get her everything from 0-3 months. My friend is also a savvy shopper and we used to laugh at her telling her there is no way her daughter was going to wear all of the clothes that she bought... and well guess what, her daughter is wearing all of them!! Just not more than once haha...

I took the liberty of giving my DH an accessorizing lesson (he's only had brothers), like how to make an outfit and so on. At first I asked him to pick out an outfit for him and her to come pick me up from work... and he chose a onesie!!! And I was like nooo that's for home!!! haha Then I had to teach him about leggings, shoes and headbands. I already made about 50 of those huge flower and bow headbands... so ya haha He doesn't care that I buy her stuff bc he knows I get them for a good deal, but he doesn't like when I buy her short skirts and dresses... I am like dude, she is a baby, who cares.

• I also made her tutus and made a few for my DH's fave sports teams so that he would feel included.
  • imagemishu917:
    imagelizsites:

Yea, I hear ya. So it's not that bad if you're getting her older stuff....just don't get her everything from 0-3 months. My friend is also a savvy shopper and we used to laugh at her telling her there is no way her daughter was going to wear all of the clothes that she bought... and well guess what, her daughter is wearing all of them!! Just not more than once haha...

I took the liberty of giving my DH an accessorizing lesson (he's only had brothers), like how to make an outfit and so on. At first I asked him to pick out an outfit for him and her to come pick me up from work... and he chose a onesie!!! And I was like nooo that's for home!!! haha Then I had to teach him about leggings, shoes and headbands. I already made about 50 of those huge flower and bow headbands... so ya haha He doesn't care that I buy her stuff bc he knows I get them for a good deal, but he doesn't like when I buy her short skirts and dresses... I am like dude, she is a baby, who cares.

hahah!! This is hilarious! DH is the same way - I was end-of-summer shopping and came home, and told him I almost bought Ava a bikini for next summer (but ended up buying other stuff instead...), and he was like, "Good! Don't be putting our baby in a bikini! That's so inappropriate!" I couldn't help but laugh at him, and then he was like, "What?! Just because I don't want my baby looking like a hussy!" I had to put him in check. NOBODY thinks that a friggin infant in a bikini looks like a "hussy"! What a dork! And then my mom bought her a couple teeny mini skirts, which I'm in love with, but when I showed him he just groaned and was all, "Grrreeeaaat."

I took up crocheting, and am making her some dresses which are coming along pretty cute, but even then... Yarn is expensive, too! Yipes!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"