Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Sheet Savers?

Do you use one? Are they more useful for blowouts or spit up? If you like using one, how many would you recommend having?

Re: Sheet Savers?

• Options
    I'm a nanny of twins and we use them for blowouts. They work good until the baby can move doesn't fall asleep on them anymore. We have two for each baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have one. I used it in the bassinet, length wise the first 2 months and then horizontal under the baby's head after that. Much easier than sheets to take off and wash frequently.

I have survived with just one, but 2 might be nice to have. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The sheet savers scared me- just didn't feel like they were tight enough and seemed like a SIDS risk.  I preferred the Ultimate Crib Sheet.  We have 2 and that was perfect.  When one got messed up, I just snapped it off and snapped the other one on. 

• Options
    We have three! I think they're a must have!
    Need a good read? There's a new blogger in town... www.thepinningmama.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I used them with DS for spit up because we never had problems with blowouts.  I would suggest at least 2.
  • Options
    I have one for each crib, but could probably do with 2 (I have twins). They have been very helpful, as I don't have time to change sheets daily (we use them for spit up). I like them better than the Ultimate Crib Sheet because they are soft. I purchased an UCS and they were just too rough and stiff. These are soft and easy to take on/off. They are secure so it's very safe. Bought them at BRU.
  • Options
    I just used lap pads ... is that the same thing?  I found some really big ones at BRU and used them in the crib/bassinet/PnP a lot when he was tiny. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• Options
    these are a total waste.  I only have one and it is not useful.  We have a waterproof mattress and still use a mattress pad underneath.  Call us lucky but in our worst blow out DS has never soiled more than his pjs.  I would use the same money and get another fitted sheet.  We have 5 fitted sheets and change them regularly, works for us.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

My daughter just turned 2 and we recently stopped using them.

We had waterproof mattress cover, then the sheets and then the crib pad. So much easier to just change the pad than to change sheets and matress cover in the middle of the night. 

I would recommend 3 big ones. Take one and cut it in half to use for the first few months. Then use the other 2 when the baby is bigger.

Lover of all things baby. Founder & Editor of Chic & Cheap Nursery.
  • Options

When I was a nanny, these were a life saver for me. I asked the mother to buy some after changing the crib sheets one too many times. The baby had really bad reflux and her sheets would be gross from two naps by mid-day.  She had never heard of such a thing but was in love when she got them, too.  Yeah there was a waterproof mattress pad but the sheets are not waterproof, and changing a crib sheet is a PITA. The kind we used had ties on the corners so they tied to the sides of the crib (not the full length, just big enough to be under/around baby). 

• Options
    Thanks for sharing everyone! Think I'll pick up 2 while BRU is having their big nursery sale. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"