3rd Trimester

Hosp. bag- undies?

Dumb question:

Am I supposed to pack granny panties in my hospital bags or would I still be wearing the mesh underwear home? 

I refused to convert & still wearing low-rise lacy thongs which fit well under my belly.  It occured to me I might need to go buy some granny panties this week.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hosp. bag- undies?

• I bit the bullet and got some real sexy grannies at Target. They are nice and super comfy-just a boy short. I am not ruining my VS skibs with any sort of funny business that happens after the labor. So it was money well spent. I will just throw them out once they serve their purpose anyways! :)
  • if you want you could take them, with my first i wore the mesh ones the first day then wore my own...you'll definatly want them at home though. youll be wearing pads for at least a few weeks, and i personally couldnt imagine wearing a pad with anything else but the granny panties
  • Loading the player...
  • this is just my opinion but...they'll give you those disposable mesh undies at the hospital and let me tell you, they are SO comfortable and awesome.  i brought a ton home after i delivered and personally, i wish i could wear them every day!
  • I freaking loved those mesh ones.  I think I even wore them for a few days after I was home with each of the boys.

You might want to bring a pair or two of your own if you're not used to full a$$ coverage since they TOTALLY cover the entirety of your booty.  And there's absolutely nothing sexy or cute about them.  Comfort, yes.  Style, no.  So if you think you'll feel better in (fairly) cute skivies, bring some.

• I got a 6 pack of Hanes undies from Target. I wouldn't call them granny panties, they aren't my cute VS or CK undies, but that is the point!

The mesh ones are probably going to bunch up, which is why I will pack 1-2 pairs in my bag to wear home. 

• You will need the mesh panties to hold the mega pad that you will be using.  You can pack your own underwear but I guarantee you won't use them.  The first week or so you will be bleeding heavier than any period you've ever had plus (sorry not to be 'TMI' on you) there's a lot of large clots.  I asked for more mesh underwear and for a hand-out with the pads.

Honestly...your vagina has just exploded, there's no need to try and look cute at this point.  The mesh underwear looks like see-through bike shorts and was actually pretty comfortable.

• I refuse to go out and buy new panties just to ruin so I grabbed my grungiest ready-for-the-trash faded boy shorts and stuffed a few in my bag. If they get ruined no biggie, if I find them too uncomfy I plan on just wearing the mesh panties, my friend said they are actually quite comfortable.

Then after the nice long recovery phase I will go out and buy some Wow-Your-Hubby panties. :D

• I just wore the mesh undies. I packed some older undies that I didn't care if they got ruined, but I only wore a pair home, over the mesh undies. I bled a lot the first couple of days so I got blood on the mesh undies and went through probably 8 pairs or so.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageHelms:
    this is just my opinion but...they'll give you those disposable mesh undies at the hospital and let me tell you, they are SO comfortable and awesome.  i brought a ton home after i delivered and personally, i wish i could wear them every day!

This!  However I would recommend getting some granny pannies or at least some that offer a little more coverage.  You will need to wear the old fashioned pads and I found that my cute underwear wasn't wide enough to really hold the pad and then I was dealing with pad adhesive sticking to my clothing or legs and just becoming really irritating.  Plus you don't want to make a mess of your pants or your cute underwear.  You won't be getting any action from DH anyways, so comfort and practicality rule!

• Lurking from 2nd tri...

But are the mesh undies something newer they started to use? I know it has been a while since I last had a baby (9 yrs) and I was not given anything like that. All I got were the big long pads that you could have used the icky old-style belt with. 

Anyways, I plan on taking my own undies.

~Amy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"