Babies: 0 - 3 Months

potentially very dumb question...sorry in advance

So when you're up in the middle of the night to nurse (or anytime I guess), do you change the diaper and then nurse? Or nurse and then change the diaper? or doesn't it matter?

My little man at 0-1-2
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

Re: potentially very dumb question...sorry in advance

• I usually nurse one side, then change (if he needs to be changed) trying to wake him back up a bit so he will nurse the other side.  Some times this works sometimes it doesnt
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I change and then nurse. Changing disrupts DD's sleep, so I like to get that out of the way and then nurse to help her get back to sleep. Seems to work pretty good.
  • Loading the player...
  • I FF, but I will stop LO @ like 1 oz left, change her diaper, re-swaddle, then feed the remainder.

Eating makes DD veeeery sleepy

• I always changed and then nursed, so it was easier to get DD to fall back asleep.
  • imageMrsG NC:
    I change and then nurse. Changing disrupts DD's sleep, so I like to get that out of the way and then nurse to help her get back to sleep. Seems to work pretty good.

This

• imagemlc92404:
    I usually nurse one side, then change (if he needs to be changed) trying to wake him back up a bit so he will nurse the other side.  Some times this works sometimes it doesnt

This! If I try to change first he throws a fit!! 

• I feed, wait about 15 minutes, then change the diaper.  The girls are notorious for pooping right after they eat, so it wouldn't make sense to change them before they eat, knowing they're just going to dirty another diaper and require another change in 30 minutes or so. 

More often than not, they wake up while I'm changing them, eat a little more, then pass out. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• imagemlc92404:
    I usually nurse one side, then change (if he needs to be changed) trying to wake him back up a bit so he will nurse the other side.  Some times this works sometimes it doesnt

This is what I do.  It helps to calm her down, then wake her up, then calm her down again.  I think it's a matter of what works for you and your LO

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

• It depends. If she wakes up pissed off and super hungry she eats first and then I change her. If she wakes up and isn't angry I'll change her first so she can fall back asleep when she's done.

Also, like pp said, she was pooping after every feeding for a while (not anymore). When she was still in that pattern I'd usually wait for the poop after she ate to change her so I didn't waste a diaper.

TTC #1 Sept 2008
    M/C 9/21/09 | M/C 12/24/09 | BFP 1/23/10
    Madeline Rey DOB 9/30/10
    TTC # 2 Jan 2013
    BFP 3/12/13 | EDD 11/18/13
    It's a GIRL! Lydia Marie!
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't change him anymore in the middle of the night unless he's poopy, which is rare.  I just put extra inserts in his diaper and he's good for the night.  When he was still pooping a lot, I'd unswaddle him, feed him, burp him, change him, swaddle, nurse back to sleep. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I change then feed. My LO spits up quite a bit if I lay her down flat and wiggle her around too much after eating.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"