Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Christmas Questions...

1. When will you put up your decorations?
  2. How will you keep your tree safe for LO (put it in another room, use safe decorations etc?!)
  3. What traditions are you excited to start with LO?

And... GO! :)

#rainbows and #unicorns make any situation #cute. keithcorcoran
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Christmas Questions...

• 1. Thanksgiving weekend probably

2. Fishing line to keep the tree up. No decorations to close to the bottom. The tree skirt usually covers the power strip or keeps it hidden enough. Lots of supervision too.

3. I always loved doing a gingerbread house with my mom and we usually got to open one present on Christmas Eve. I'll do both with LO.

• imagedunvilles:
    1. When will you put up your decorations? We probably will the Sunday before Thanksgiving or the Sunday after Thanksgiving.
    2. How will you keep your tree safe for LO (put it in another room, use safe decorations etc?!)We will put it in our dining room and we aren't putting ornaments on the bottom of the tree where DS can reach. Then we'll go from there if more is needed.
    3. What traditions are you excited to start with LO? Giving LO Christmas PJ's on Christmas Eve, Reading Christmas stories the night before, setting up LO's gifts Christmas Eve night with DH, video taping DS on Christmas morning, going to church with my whole family on Christmas eve... so much more! :)

• Loading the player...
  • imagedunvilles:
    1. When will you put up your decorations?
    After DS' birthday Party.. so probably November 21st
    1. How will you keep your tree safe for LO (put it in another room, use safe decorations etc?!)
    we're using a small 4ft tree this year, and placing it in our front window.. our window juts out from the wall about 3 feet off the floor so DS won't be able to reach it
    ..if we were to put up our regular tree where we normally have it, he'd have literally zero room to play. i have a VERY tiny house 
    1. What traditions are you excited to start with LO?
    popping popcorn, playing xmas music and decorating the house
    having munchies and watching "a christmas story" on christmas eve
    starting the tradition of going to the parade every year
    making a special mommy and son shopping day for daddy :)  

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• imagedunvilles:
    1. When will you put up your decorations? Right after Thanksgiving :)_
    2. How will you keep your tree safe for LO (put it in another room, use safe decorations etc?!) I have NO clue?!?!  Seriously - getting kinda worried about this!
    3. What traditions are you excited to start with LO? To give her a gift on Christmas Eve and bake cookies together.

And... GO! :)You never told us your answers....do tell!

• imageMissy42807:
    imagedunvilles:

And... GO! :)You never told us your answers....do tell!

We were probably answering at the same time :) Look a couple posts up.

• imagedunvilles:
    1. When will you put up your decorations? Right after Thanksgiving
    2. How will you keep your tree safe for LO (put it in another room, use safe decorations etc?!) It's going to be in our foyer.  He won't be going in there without us with him, so it's fine.  We only let him "loose" in our finished basement.
    3. What traditions are you excited to start with LO? This one I'm not sure, I'll be interested to see the replies to get some ideas!

• imagedunvilles:
    1. When will you put up your decorations? Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving
    2. How will you keep your tree safe for LO (put it in another room, use safe decorations etc?!)  Yikes haven't thought of this!  DS is tall so we'll probably have a tree only decorated from halfway up.  He also likes to climb things so I can see that ending badly.  Maybe this year we'll do all decorations exept the tree since we go down to FL for Christmas anyways...although not having a tree up isn't very fun:(
    3. What traditions are you excited to start with LO? My mom started this with me when I was a bit older...I would always be so sad the morning after Christmas that it was all over and seeing the bare tree (with no presents left).  So she started to leave one gift for me to open the next morning!

• imagedunvilles:
    1. When will you put up your decorations? Weekend after Thanksgiving
    2. How will you keep your tree safe for LO (put it in another room, use safe decorations etc?!) Our tree will be in our entryway/foyer where DS doesn't have access to. We'll be able to see the tree from our living room, but it will be out of reach from Brody.
    3. What traditions are you excited to start with LO? Having Christmas morning together as a family of 3 (for now).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 1. Thanksgiving weekend

2. No glass/breakable ornaments in the bottom tier/that she can reach. If we  have to we'll attach it to the ceiling, but I think we'll wait and see how it goes first. 

3. Walking around and seeing the Christmas lights and holiday baking. 

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • imagedunvilles:
    1. When will you put up your decorations?  The weekend after Thanksgiving.
    2. How will you keep your tree safe for LO (put it in another room, use safe decorations etc?!)  I plan on putting a baby gate around it- I saw it on Jon & Kate + 8 and it seemed like a good idea.
    3. What traditions are you excited to start with LO?  Leaving milk and cookies out for Santa, singing Christmas songs around the house, making Christmas cookies, and white fudge covered Oreos!  Church on Christmas Eve and a drive around neighborhoods to see the Christmas lights.

• 1. The first sunday in advent, maybe?

2. Our christmas tree stand is a beast, solid steel, and graded for a 12' tree. We normally get a 6-7' so it is pretty sturdy. The outlet, is immediately behind it, so no long cord, and the bottom half of the tree is in baby safe ornaments. We also supervise.

3. We are going to bake gingerbread men, and make ornaments, watch the muppets christmas, and at three, get all dressed up in christmas dresses, go down town to see the windows, have tea at one of the fancy hotels and then see the lights

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagedunvilles:
    1. When will you put up your decorations? Probably the week after Thanksgiving.
    2. How will you keep your tree safe for LO (put it in another room, use safe decorations etc?!) We will put soft/non-breakable ornaments at the bottom and supervise her with it. If it really becomes an issue, we'll put a gate up, but she's usually pretty good after we redirect her a few times.
    3. What traditions are you excited to start with LO? Christmas music, opening one gift on Christmas Eve, videotaping her first "real" Christmas (last year she slept the whole day, I have one picture of her with her eyes open), taking her shopping, watching her play with all of her cousins (4 babies including her born into our families in the last year).

• 1. Thanksgiving weekend, always. It's the only time I have time to do it.

2. The tree will be in our living room. We always put ornaments that aren't breakable on the bottom, anything we want to keep nice up top. I'm sure it will be a source of entertainment for DD for a few days, then, it'll just be a fixture in the room and not a big deal anymore.

3. Well, we already have our traditions "started" b/c of DS... but with a new baby cousin who just arrived, it will be fun to have our family expanding!

• 1. the day after thanksgiving. DH will bring the tree out, and DD and i will put the ornaments on while listening to christmas music

2. The tree will be in our main room, where DD has been redirected from 1000s of times. She basically knows not to go there, so i think after a few days, we will be fine. also, the non breakable ornaments will be towards the bottom.

3. Baking for santa, putting our shoes outside our door to hope for snow, PJs and a christmas book on Christmas eve, annual photo in front of all her presents, shopping together, special chocolate croissants for breakfast, gosh..there are so many, i cant even list them all! 

*The Blog* Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Natural M/C : Arabella's Twin Guardian Angel, 7.29.2009.**Natural M/C : 2.20.2010. 18 weeks. Always Loved. 4 weeks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"