Babies: 0 - 3 Months

I need sleep!

DS is a month old and is a wonderful sleeper.During the day. He has gotten to the point where he can stay awake for extended periods of time during the day, and then knock out for a fairly long nap. Sometimes 4 or 5 hours. However, once DH and I try to get some sleep at night, he wants to eat every two hours, and stays awake for at least half an hour after eating, which means he is only sleeping for about an hour before he is up again. We have tried everything... but nothing seems to work. Anyone else deal with this or have some suggestions? TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I need sleep!

• I don't have any suggestions but I have the same problem. DD likes to sleep during the day and not the night unfortunately. We are still working on differentiating for her between day and night.
  • I wonder if that is DS problem too... but we have tried all the things to remedy that. We take him outside, keep the windows open, the house is noisy during the day... and he just sleeps. lol
  • Loading the player...
  • imageHisSunshine1220:
    I wonder if that is DS problem too... but we have tried all the things to remedy that. We take him outside, keep the windows open, the house is noisy during the day... and he just sleeps. lol

hehe same here :) Tummy time surely wakes up DD tho! She cries when she does it because she gets so frustrated. The ped told us to do tummy time 5 times per day. We do this sometimes at night when she's wide awake to use up her energy so she can sleep. 

• DS cries through it too! lol BTW, your LO is so cute!!
  • My pediatrician suggested feeding every 2 hours during the day and seeing if this helped her sleep longer between feedings at night.  So we wake to feed during the day and we're getting one 4 hour stretch at night now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Our LO was doing this her first two weeks but then my cousin told me to do her last feeding which for us is between 10-11ish in her room in the dark with no lights and no talking and all the day feedings should be in the light. After we did this for about 2 - 3 days she slept 5-6 hours at night and fed every 2-3 hours during the day! Good luck!!! 
  • Thanks ladies. I really hate waking him up, but its worth a shot!
  • imageHisSunshine1220:
    I wonder if that is DS problem too... but we have tried all the things to remedy that. We take him outside, keep the windows open, the house is noisy during the day... and he just sleeps. lol

We have the exact same issue! And his feedings/burping are usually at least an hour event so I am not sleeping at all. Oh, and every morning now he likes to wake up from 2-4am and fusses. I am exhausted! My DS eats every three hours during the day, but I might start waking him and feeding him every two hours! I will give it a try!!! GL!

• imageRebF:

imageHisSunshine1220:

We have the exact same issue! And his feedings/burping are usually at least an hour event so I am not sleeping at all. Oh, and every morning now he likes to wake up from 2-4am and fusses. I am exhausted! My DS eats every three hours during the day, but I might start waking him and feeding him every two hours! I will give it a try!!! GL!

Thats it exactly. It takes forever for him to settle back down, but during the day, he normally falls asleep while burping. lol

• My baby is the same! She is almost 3 weeks old now and yes, sleeps mostly the day away, then 1am to 9am is very awake, and feeding like mad.  From what I have read though, this is how they are, but it is supposed to change after 3 mths.  Some nights I am soo tired, I want to cry.  But I gather that is really my fault as I should nap during the day, which I do not. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"