Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Tummy Time?

So I have heard about tummy time and have seen my SIL's implement it but I was just wondering when do you start doing tummy time? Is it when they can support their head? Not long after birth? I'm just wondering cause it is kind of bugging me.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tummy Time?

• Tummy time usually starts after LO's umbilical cord falls off. Just a little every day, helps LO's neck muscles develop. Mine hates TT!
  • We started doing tummy time about a week after we brought DD home. We kind of ramp her up on the boppy. She is almost a month old and has excellent neck strength (see pic)  Smile

CafeMom Tickers Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • I never officially did tummy time. My daughters 3 months and she hold herself up on my chest when were hanging out. Put her on her belly and she freaks. She still has good head control and already sits up in her boppy so don't worry!
  • I asked my pedi about this. She said out LO is too young yet, even though he has a strong neck. She said wait a few weeks.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We did it pretty much from day one. 

• My daughter was holding her head up at the hospital and as far as physical abilities, she's a lot more advanced than the "typical baby". We did TT at about 10 days old. We were ok with putting her on her tummy because I was right there and she expressed interest.She loved it and tried to scoot across the mat even. Now at 2 months old, TT is one of her favorite things, next to boobie eatin. :D

When to start TT really depends on the child and when mom is comfortable. If you really aren't sure, ask the peditrician. Mine said it's typically a 3 week wait. :) 

• My pediatrician told me to have tummy time with the baby everyday, except my DS doesn't really like it so he's behind on the whole holding his head up high.
  • At her 2 week check-up our pedi suggested that we start tummy time.
  • Both of my babies didn't like it from the start, but as with everything after a few tries they liked it. you could try even if it's for less than a minute.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"