1st Trimester
Options

allergy meds.

I allergic to cats...  which OTC medicition are okay to take while pregnant.
Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers For I can do all things through Christ, Who strengthens ME.

Re: allergy meds.

• Options
    Plain Claritin and Plain Zyrtec (none with the D on the end)  If you need a decongestant, you can take Plain Sudafed.
  • Options

imagesuscq:
    Plain Claritin and Plain Zyrtec (none with the D on the end)  If you need a decongestant, you can take Plain Sudafed.

Is okay to during 1st trimester

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers For I can do all things through Christ, Who strengthens ME.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was told plain claritin or zretec only if you absolutely need it while in the first tri
  • Options

https://www.safefetus.com/Search.asp

This is a great website.  It says  Claritin is safe (Class B), Sudafed is not (Class C) and Benadryl is (Class B). Class A drugs have been tested on pregnant women and found safe (not many, because pregnant women don't usually like to be experimented on),  Class B drugs have been tested on pregnant animals and been found safe, and Class C drugs have been tested on pregnant animals and been found to cause 'issues' (malformations, misscarriages etc), there are also class D drugs which have been tested on pregnant women and been found unsafe (also not a lot of these).

I took Benadry during the first trimester after a severe allergic reaction- the pharmacist and dr told me it was fine.

• Options
    Benadryl, Zyrtec and Claritin if needed. Remember if you are all congested and arent breathing well then neither is baby.  Take it if you need to.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image
  • Options
    I use homeopathic histamine. I know, why would histamine work better than antihistamine? But it actually does and is much safer than OTC antihistamine, which I was told not to take. It is the same principle as receiving allergy shots. Do you have a cat in the house? If so, cleaning out the litter box is now daddy's job as cats carry a disease that is harmful to your developing baby.
  • Options

I stay on my singulair while pregnant because I have asthma and need to breathe.  I know some use that as an allergy med too.

my last pg my OB told me I could take benadryl, but only when needed.  Are you around cats all the time or just on occasion?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• Options
    I just went to the dr. the first time on Tuesday and asked this exact question. I had been taking Zyrtec and asked if it was safe to continue. She said it was a class B drug which was safe to use! Go for it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"