June 2011 Moms

Measuring at 9 weeks vs 12

So I had my second ultrasound yesterday.  Based on my LMP my original due date was May 16th.  Based on the measurements they took yesterday, I am only 9 weeks instead of 12.  My due date is now June 7th.  The baby had a strong heartbeat which was a plus!  Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Re: Measuring at 9 weeks vs 12

• It is certainly possible that you ovulated late, but I'm confused.  You said this was your second u/s?  When did you have the first one, and what was the baby measuring at that time?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow, that's a pretty big change.  Did you have really long cycles?

Congrats and welcome to June. The girls here are great!

~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • That happened to me. When I went to the Dr I measured 8 weeks 3 days but by calculations I was supposed to be 9 weeks 5 days. I went from having a due date of May 28 to June 6....so were super close on dates.

• Congrats and welcome to our wonderful board! Big Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats on a good HB!

We are also behind what we thought by 8 days.

• I measured a full 4 weeks later than LMP. Apparently I was supposed to get a period and never did? I don't know. But that was quite the change.
  • The Dr used the bedside us machine during my first prenatal visit.  By the looks of everything then and based on my LMC he said I was between 6 and 8 weeks.  We were only able to see the gestational sac and a little speck on the us.  So I assumed I was closer to the 6 week mark.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"