Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Why are DD's feet so small?

DD is a size 3 still! I swear her feet have barely grown all year. Is this totally abnormal? She will be 14 months on Friday and is not walking yet so I'm kind of worried it's because of that. Should I ask the pedi? Are anyone else's LOs feet this small at 14 months?

Re: Why are DD's feet so small?

• My DD is 16 months and still wears a size 3. She can wear a 4 if she has thicker socks on. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • DD's feet are still a size three too, although she is only 12 months.  I feel the same though, they are tiny!  She is not walking either.
  • Loading the player...
  • DD is almost 16 months and she still wears size 3. She has been walking since 12 months. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you :)
  • It has nothing to do with walking- it's bone growth- and there's nothing abnormal about a 1 year old wearing size 3, especially if she was also wearing size three since she was a newborn (??). If anything, it sounds like she had huge feet as an infant and has now grown into them ;)
  • Molly is a tiny 19 lbs and has size 5/6 feet....her feet are ginormous compared to her little body! I wouldn't worry--every LO is different!
  • DD2's feet are a size 3 and those are a bit big. My older DD was in a size 3 until 18 months. She still has small feet. I don't think its anything to worry about. Do you or your DH have smaller feet?
    Annelise 3.22.2007 Norah 10.24.2009 Amelia 8.7.2011
  • My DD is almost a year old, walking, & is a size 2.  Her feet are really wide, tho. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ok good, I keep reading about everyone's LO have size 5 feet so I thought she was abnormal! I should clarify- they were size 2 or 3 all summer and she's finally a 3
  • I don't think that's abnormal at all, in fact I'm jealous.  I'm always saying I wish my boys had had small feet because it's always the size 3 and 4's that are dirt cheap.
  • DD is 12.5 months and wears size 2. Yes, 2! ("3-6 months"). Doc said she's small all around, so it's proportional and not to worry about it.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • My DD just outgrew her size 3 shoes, size 4 is a bit too big but she wears them.  She just turned 17 months old a few days ago.  Although... her feet do seem small to me.  Cute small, not weird small.  Wink
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"