3rd Trimester

How many changing pad covers do you need?

Only one? or maybe two just in case it gets dirty?

Re: How many changing pad covers do you need?

• I have two. Probably not totally necessary - it won't hurt baby to lie on the vinyl a time or two if the cover's in the wash - but it was nice to have an extra.
  • i would say at least 2
    Mom to 2 beautiful girls, 3 yrs and 22 months old. My 2nd was born at 32 weeks due to Rhogam failure/severe complications from Rh disease and is our miracle. She has bilateral auditory neuropathy and a cochlear implant, activated 4/5/2012 at 19 months. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm getting 2... I love the plush Simmons ones... they are so soft!
  • At least two if you want to use them.  I stopped using them for a while because it was easier to wipe down the vinyl when he peed or pooed rather than take off a cover and hope the other one was clean and in the nursery.
  • i was just wondering bout this over the weekend. BBB's registry checklist says to have 2-3 (of course they want u to buy more) -- so I got 2!
  • get two, and a TON of lap pads to put over the cover. my DD would pee EVERY time we took her diaper off. Usually we caught it, but it was easier to just take off and replace the lap pad rather than the entire cover.
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I have been fine with one and put a burp cloth down on top of that. I wash the PITA to remove cover once a month and change out the burp cloths as needed.
  • I have 2 covers, but several lap pads as well--his or her bum will actually be primarily on the lap pad, which is far easier to change and wash.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Its also a good idea to purchase the disposable ones that go on top of the changing covers. We use them constantly. One it saves the changing cover from having to be washed all the time.  Second unless it gets dirty the disposable ones will last a while for several changes.  We love them. 
  • I had four and now never use them.  The vinyl is so much easier to clean - and it will get dirty that I would not even think about using it again.  If there is a leak I just get out the bleach spray and it is done in seconds vs. wash, and then having to clean the vinyl anyway. 

But I bought them too my first time so live and learn. 

• I got two plus I got a pack of Boppy Liners which made a lot of sense since if they get dirty, it's the only part you have to wash.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3245199

• I liked having two, especially when DS used to pee all over the place during diaper changes.  I usually laid a lap pad down too in order to try to get the pad clean, but it was nice to have an extra.  It's not necessary if you're trying to cut costs though.
    Gavin - 12.05.06 and Molly - 10.22.08
    imageimage
    my read shelf:
    Emily's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I  have to go with none. We never used one with DS, we just wiped the vinyl off if needed. A cover sounds like a pain to me!
  • I have two.  Don't think it's necessary, but one can be in the wash at a time if needed.
  • i registered for two just in case one is dirty and i can't get to it to wash.
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I have two. I'd get at least that many.
  • I bought 2 so that I have an extra while the other is waiting to be washed. 
  • I bought two.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him,and He shall direct your paths.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

• I bought two.  F

• I bought two.  Figured

• I bought two.  Figured if I

• I bought two.  Figured if I had

• I bought two.  Figured if I had to w

• I bought two.  Figured if I had to wash

• I bought two.  Figured if I had to wash one then it'd be nice to have another onhand.

• Wow.  Okay.  That was weird.  No idea why that posted about 10x's and at various stages of completion. 

Sorry.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"