Pregnant after 35

First time Mom at 35

Hello Community!

My husband and I are expecting our first child on April 30, 2011, and we're curious about genetic testing: do's don'ts, heartbreaks because of and success stories. I think I'm leaning towards no testing, but I'd like to get some opinins.

Re: First time Mom at 35

• I am 41 and I refused all invasive testing.  I am only having the u/s, GD and a level II ultrasound.  If you read some of the month boards, you will see massive amounts of women with false positives.  This is hard to believe, but I go to a teaching hospital and there is a study concerning the quad on the wall that says that they found no benefit for this test in there clinical study!! Yet they keep asking me to get it!  Insurance $$$ I guess.

Oh, and I am from WV too!  The study is posted on the wall at CAMC in the ultrasound room in Charleston!  

• I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us. 
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no. 
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I didnt
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my control.  I wanted t
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my control. 
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my control.  I wanted to
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my control.
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my control.  I wanted to enjoy
  • I am 35 now.  I had my first child 3 months before my 35th birthday.  My doctor, husband, and I discussed all of the tests that could be performed and the pros and cons of each. In the end it all came down to  would the test results matter to us.  The answer was no.  I was scared of getting a false positive and then worrying through my whole pregnancy about something that was out of my control.  I wanted to enjoy my
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"