Preemies
Options

yesterday was AMAZING

i got to hold my baby for the first time yesterday!

I never knew just how much kangaroo care would mean until now!

Thing 1 = April 2008, 38weeks 8lbs 7oz 19in
Thing 2 = May 2009, Stillborn 33weeks 4lbs 9oz 18in
Thing 3 = October 2010, 27weeks 4days 2lbs 4oz 14.25in

Re: yesterday was AMAZING

• Options
    Congrats, mama! That is a memory you will cherish forever! Smile
  • Options
    Congratulations! Your post made me cry. Holding your child for the first time is the most amazing feeling in the world.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats!  So happy for you!
  • Options

I am so happy for you.  It is so special to be able to hold your baby. 

I used to sing lullabies (Hush Little Baby) to my baby when he was in the hospital and I was holding him. 

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options
    Awww. Congrats to you! That is the most amazing feeling in the world.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket
  • Options

Kangaroo care is the best!

So happy for you!! Smile

TTC for 12 years. m/c 2009. BFP on New Year's 2010. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yay! I hope you took pictures. I still remember my first time. I remember her smell and how her tiny hands felt, and all the monitors that kept going off. Here's hoping for many more kangaroo sessions.
  • Options
    Yay for you!! It is such a wonderful thing to be able to hold them finally.  I was a tad scared too so there were many different emotions.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It is the best to hold your baby.  The best part is that you get to do it again! I read E Charlotte's Web during Kangaroo time.  I am glad she is doing so well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yay...what a great feeling!!!! I remember that day like it was yesterday! Enjoy every minute of holding your precious one!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

awwwww :)

it's the best!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"