3rd Trimester

for those already on maternity leave

What do you guys do to pass the time while you wait for labor to start or for your induction or c-section day? I just started my leave today and I seriously have run out of things to do already. Baby's clothes and blankets are all washed, our laundry is all caught up, and the house is all clean... I feel so unproductive just laying around watching movies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: for those already on maternity leave

• imageGidgetwho:
    Enjoy it.  Wink

I second that!  I am trying to work up until the day she comes because I know I would go crazy waiting at home. Also I want as much time paid when we gets here and can't really afford to take time off not paid.  If I was off though I would be relaxing as much as possible!

• Loading the player...
  • I watch a lot of cooking shows and get hungry. I also clean things that I wouldn't normally clean...like baseboards.

The days go by quicker if you take naps Stick out tongue

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • imageMrsSmiley09:

imageGidgetwho:
    Enjoy it.  Wink

I second that!  I am trying to work up until the day she comes because I know I would go crazy waiting at home. Also I want as much time paid when we gets here and can't really afford to take time off not paid.  If I was off though I would be relaxing as much as possible!

THIS! I am working until my water breaks lol So enjoy it! 

• imageMrsSmiley09:

imageGidgetwho:
    Enjoy it.  Wink

I planned to work until I went into labor that but ended up that I had to end on a pay week so Friday was my last day at the office. Hopefully a long walk this evening will kick start some early labor otherwise I'm gonna go stir crazy, it's hard to enjoy the time to relax when you are full of anticipation :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am not on maternity leave, but if you are looking for something to do I would make some freezer meals and go to the grocery store to have stuff on hand if you have any people coming to stay, like the drinks they like and stuff like that. Other than that, seriously enjoy your alone time...you won't have any for the next 18 years!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageGidgetwho:
    Enjoy it.  Wink

No kidding.. I would LOVE to be at home relaxing instead of at work. 

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• I wish I was on mat leave.  I will working until I have the baby.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Today was my first day home and I made a huge batch of chicken noodle soup to freeze. I 2nd the idea of freezer meals.

Tomorrow I'm going to tie up loose ends with our birth/hospital bag and buy x-mas cards. I want to get all of our cards addressed so I just have to sign them and mail (we haven't decided a name yet). 

I'm not very good at doing nothing. :) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageSnoopyLuv:

I watch a lot of cooking shows and get hungry.

I do this all the time when I'm not at work :-P

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • my first day of maternity leave was friday and i am having my c section wednesday. 

ive been laying on the couch being lazy and i love it. do it - its fanastic. pretty much the only time in your life where being a couch potato is completely acceptable.  

• Today was my first day at home, and by 1pm I had already called DF to ask if I could go back to work. My daughter was home from school but she was good. Two of my dogs got into a fight, and my daughter & I each got lightly bit trying to break them apart.

Then this afternoon my parents stopped over, and when they leave they are not like normal people, open door and walk out. No they have to hold the door WIDE open until all the dogs run out. So then I spent 30 minutes rounding them up and back into the house. My dogs were just not on their normal behavior today at all.

Of course the excitement did not set me into labor and here I sit for another fun filled day tommorow.

• Im in the same boat. I did my target run and costco run but I need more to do. My dh works 14 hr days so it makes the day drag..
  • I've been on leave for a week and a half now and the time has flown by.  I've been cleaning, napping, shopping, napping some more, going out to lunch, spending days with DS.  It's been great. Enjoy it!  Watch some Ellen & Oprah. 
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I do all of the above. Plus, I plan fun new dinners for dh and tell him to enjoy it while he can! Also, I'm trying to get things in line for Christmas since I will not be in any condition to do things last minute this year. I'm also trying to get ahead of the game with re-organizing the laundry room and pantry, etc. to accomodate another person in the house.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"