Preemies
Options

dr. brown's bottles

ok after not really buying into Dr. Brown's and having about 5 different kinds of bottles I got 6 Dr. Brown's and tried them and OMG. I get it they are the best. I want to go throw away the other 35 different variety bottles I have and go buy nothing but Dr. Brown's. So 2 questions.. how do you clean them? where did you find them the cheapest? TIA!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: dr. brown's bottles

• Options
    I scrub my bottles first and then boil them in a pot of water. I also use the dishwasher bottle basket. To be honest I haven't found Dr. brown bottles to be cheap anywhere. I usually buy them at BRU with a 20% coupon. I love my bottles as well. I use both plastic and glass bottles. They are the best!
  • Options
    I rinsed them and put them in the bottle thing in the dishwasher.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I love Dr. Brown! 

1) oh my husband hates cleanin it!  But he got use to it after a week. After each feeding, we would just wash it with water and put it in a big bucket with water/soap.  After we get about 4 bottles then we do all the cleaning all at once with hot water and use the bottle brush.  Then we use the Dr Brown sterilizer.

2)  we stock up on bottles (8oz).  buy on amazon (no tax).

• Options

I use these baskets....

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2969609

they are way cheaper than the Dr. Brown baskets.  If you go into the store...you can pick your color.... pink, etc.  online, I think they just randomly send you a 2pk....in any color. 

The cheapest I've seen is Walmart.  but I always get them at BRU when they have a "Dr. Brown's coupon"....in the ad/flyer that comes in the mail.  It's usually only 15%....but there is no limit.  Also, if you use powder to make your formula, I highly recommend the Dr. Brown's pitcher.  It blends the powder really well.  I just use warm water. 

TTC for 12 years. m/c 2009. BFP on New Year's 2010. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

And we bought a bottle brush, but have never used it.  Not once.  I keep a plastic white dishpan/bucket in my sink....got it at walmart.  Keep it filled with soapy water.  after each feeding, we unscrew the bottle/ parts and let them float in there.  we then load them all at once into the dishwasher.  we never hand wash our bottles and they do great in the dishwasher.

When my girls were in the NICU, I brought in my own Dr. Brown "preemie" nipples.  They worked great.  I also like the 2oz. bottles, small yes....but handy later on if you are giving medicine, etc. in a small amount of formula.

TTC for 12 years. m/c 2009. BFP on New Year's 2010. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I Love dr browns bottles I got rid of all the other bottles I had once I tried dr b's. I had wash mine I will usually rinse them really good after each use and then wash like 5 or 6 at once. I buy mine at bru with a coupon or target when they are on sale
  • Options
    imageLeigh71:

I use these baskets....

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2969609

they are way cheaper than the Dr. Brown baskets.  If you go into the store...you can pick your color.... pink, etc.  online, I think they just randomly send you a 2pk....in any color.   

This. Plus now we just hand wash them when we have enough of them using the Dr browns bottle brush and the small cleaner that came with the bottles to clean out the brown "wheel" part. Agreed we love them for our DS

• Options

imageinlovewithMike:
    I scrub my bottles first and then boil them in a pot of water. I also use the dishwasher bottle basket. To be honest I haven't found Dr. brown bottles to be cheap anywhere. I usually buy them at BRU with a 20% coupon. I love my bottles as well. I use both plastic and glass bottles. They are the best!

This! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"