2nd Trimester

nbr: cooking/baking question

I made pumpkin muffins with cream cheese filling.

How do I store these? Do they need to be kept in the fridge since they have cream cheese?

anyone know?

I baked them with the cream cheese filling inside, so it cooked, I'm not sure if that changes the requirements of keeping cream cheese cold.

Thanks!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: nbr: cooking/baking question

• I would keep them in the fridge if I were you just to be safe. 

Pumpkin muffins sound good.  I need to make some.  I tried to make some allergy-free pumpkin bread for my son last week and it didn't turn out well. 

• I'll store them for you...in my stomach!  They sound delicious.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemrsdjm07:
    I'll store them for you...in my stomach!  They sound delicious.

HaHa!!! So funny!!!

www.annies-eats.com

I used her recipe for it.  It's to die for girls...seriously!

• I'd say the fridge, you can always take them out a little before eating so they can hit room temp for optimal enjoyment.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image~adamwife~:

I would keep them in the fridge if I were you just to be safe. 

Pumpkin muffins sound good.  I need to make some.  I tried to make some allergy-free pumpkin bread for my son last week and it didn't turn out well. 

OMG---this sounds so good.  I have no suggestions for OP

But for adamwife---what allergies are we talking about right now?  I just made some pumpkin cookies that are egg and dairy free--we used regular wheat but I think all purpose gluten free flour would work as well.  Can't recall all that your LO is allergic to.  I'd be glad to share the recipe with you.  I'm going to post on my DS's blog as well.

• I think I will make her orange chicken for lunch tomorrow.  What a great looking recipe, and so easy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would def keep them in the fridge...with cheesecake even if it is baked you still have to keep it refrigerated, so I would think it would be the same...

but I agree w/ PP...take them out a little before eating so that is softens up again!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagesmiling76:
    image~adamwife~:

I would keep them in the fridge if I were you just to be safe. 

OMG---this sounds so good.  I have no suggestions for OP

But for adamwife---what allergies are we talking about right now?  I just made some pumpkin cookies that are egg and dairy free--we used regular wheat but I think all purpose gluten free flour would work as well.  Can't recall all that your LO is allergic to.  I'd be glad to share the recipe with you.  I'm going to post on my DS's blog as well.

Gabe is allergic to milk, soy, eggs, and peanuts.  I'd love to see your recipe, because I can usually find substitutions for the soy and peanut.  It's just hard to come up with my own baking recipes that are egg-free, because it seems like the egg plays such an important role in how the baked goods set up.

I'll check out the blog.  Thanks so much!!

• Fridge... and thanks for the link!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imagemrsdjm07:
    I think I will make her orange chicken for lunch tomorrow.  What a great looking recipe, and so easy!

she seriously has the best food blog ever! I love everything she makes!!

her pizza is now my famous speciality that everyone asks for!

amazing!

• Keep it in the fridge.  Anything with cheese in it should be refridgerated. 

• This is probably too late, but I'll chime in anyway.

Keep them in the fridge, but make sure they are completely cooled to room temp first. Also, just a warning, they are probably going to get a little sticky/tacky feeling, but will taste just as good. The more tightly you can wrap them, the less sticky they will get.

P.S. If you like pumpkin and cream cheese combos, you should try these... They are amazing!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"