Trouble TTC
Options

No response to Clomid long question/vent :/

First off I want to say thanks for all of the information everyone posts.  I have learned so much and really appreciate everyone's honesty.  It has helped me become more informed about my body.  With that said I apologize if this post will betray my newbieness.  I hope it makes sense.

I am on my second round of monitored Clomid with my RE.  I was trying 50 mg and no response so I was immediately (after 5 days of OPKing) bumped to 100 mg.  On what would have been CD10 if you count my second round of Clomid this month as CD3 I had 3 follies in the 1mms.  Soooo went back today (3 days later) for b/w and now they want me to go back tomorrow for ultrasound and b/w.  I guess I am just confused as to what the next steps might be.  I am assuming that no matter how large the follies have gotten it can't  be significant enough to mean this could be THE month. Are they going to want to monitor me until they reach the right size?  Is that even possible since they were so small on CD10?

Also I had vision changes while on 100mg of Clomid (I did complete the dosing though) and now am not allowed to use it again. What is the next step when Clomid doesn't work? I asked today but they didn't want to answer until my Ovulation Panel results came back...which is of course driving me nuts tonight!

I guess I am just confused/frustrated and disappointed. Anyone have experience or thoughts on this?

TTC since 10/09
dx PCOS, mild Endo, hypothyroid, MFI mophology
3 Clomid cycles=BFN
12/10 IUI = c/p
2/11 IUI = c/p
RPL b/w=all negative
6/11 IVF#1 = c/p
8/11 Lap
11/11 FET = c/p
7.14.12 IVF&PGD+acu+Lovenox=BFP

**SAIFW/PAIFW**

Re: No response to Clomid long question/vent :/

• Options

I'm a little confused on your timeline.  But I would think that if you're not responding after your second round of Clomid in one cycle they would just move on to something else.

I did not respond to 50 or 100mg of Clomid either.  I only produced one follie on 150mg so my RE switched me to Femara 7.5mg and I have responded really well for the past 3 cycles.  Not all RE's use Femara though so you might want to ask about it.  

I also had terrible side effects and I had spotty vision while driving at night.  I'll never take it again!  Hopefully you can get some answers from your RE soon!

Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I hope it's okay for me to post this, I just wanted to offer my experience with what your going through.

I had minimal response my first month on Clomid @ 50mg.. the next month I was put back on clomid @ 50mg with no follies anywhere near mature. At that same visit he doubled my dose to 100mg. I went back in like 12 days late and had three mature follies ranging from 22mm- 27 mm. 

I wouldn't throw this month out, ask your RE questions as you think of them when you see them. They can say some confusing things sometimes. Most importantly, Good luck!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses.  I will definitely ask about Femara tomorrow.  I get so flustered when I get these results that I often don't get to come up with the questions I think of after stewing.  It took me staring down eating a whole box of mac-n-cheese to think maybe I should fish for answers on TTTC instead of obsessing.
    TTC since 10/09
    dx PCOS, mild Endo, hypothyroid, MFI mophology
    3 Clomid cycles=BFN
    12/10 IUI = c/p
    2/11 IUI = c/p
    RPL b/w=all negative
    6/11 IVF#1 = c/p
    8/11 Lap
    11/11 FET = c/p
    7.14.12 IVF&PGD+acu+Lovenox=BFP

**SAIFW/PAIFW**
  • Options
    I didnt respond to 100 or 150 mg. Only a few follies and none of them significant enough to trigger. I asked about adding another dose midcycle but my RE doesn't do that. So i am taking prometrium to end the cycle and am starting an injectible Gonal F this cycle. Unfortunately if your dr doesnt believe in femara like mine doesnt then there arent any other options for oral drugs. I have heard good things about Gonal F and am looking forward seeing how i respond. GL to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have now done 2 cycles of Clomid as well.  No response either time.  No mature follies, so no trigger = no ovulation.  Its so frustrating!  My Dr wanted me to move on to injectibles but I asked about Femara because of what I've read on this board.  They don't usually prescribe Femara but agreed to let me try it 1 cycle.  I'm crossing my fingers!

Make a list of the questions you have and take it with you tomorrow.  Never be afraid to ask for what you want.  This board has been a wealth of information for me and I'm not sure what I would do without it.

Good luck!

After more than 2 years of fertility treatments, FET did the trick!
    IVF March 2012 - BFP! - Severe OHSS = 8 days in the hospital in kidney failure
    No heartbeat at 10w6d
    FET August 27,2012 = BFP!
    It's a boy!
    My Blog - 3 Dogs, No Baby

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I think each RE handles it a little differently. I responded, but poorly, to 100mg, but didn't respond to 150mg at all. I also had really bad side effects on 150mg. We are now moving on to injectables. Good luck whatever you and your RE decide.
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I hope it's okay that I reply as well.  I was just put on 100mg of Clomid on CD3 of this cycle.  I went in for my follie check on CD12 and was told to come back on CD15 if I hadn't gotten a +OPK yet.  I hadn't gotten my +OPK so I went in on CD15 only to be completely caught off-guard when the nurse told me that my follies hadn't changed since CD12 and I wasn't responding to Clomid!  She said we had two options: #1 was to up the Clomid and add in a steroid called Dexamethasone to see if that helped me respond OR #2 we could move right on to injectables.  I was not prepared for that at all and like you, I wasn't prepared to ask questions and went home bawling, frustrated, and was brain-storming non-stop on everything.  I turned to the boards for advice and had several ladies suggest I ask my RE about Femara.  I did that and the nurse told me "NO" and that they really think this new game plan of theirs just might do the trick.  I haven't pushed the Femara issue any more, but will if this doesn't work.  I started the steroid on CD15 and was expecting them to have to induce AF.  I continued to do my OPK because it just didn't seem right...I'm glad I did because CD22 gave me a +OPK.  I called RE's office and they were quite surprised!  I guess some women can just be really slow growers.  Unfortunately, my DH had left that same morning for an all week business trip OOT and we were unable to get the IUI this cycle.  I've done a lot of reading into Femara and have found that the majority of women who didn't respond to Clomid DID respond to Femara so most definitely check into it!  Clomid is definitely a PITA and has my cycle all out of whack now.  

Best of luck to you! 

• Options

I have been on Clomid since May, starting out at 50 mg, and moving to 100 mg, and eventually 150 mg in August.  My doctor had me get some b/w done to check my Progesterone levels and in September my numbers were good, but again in October, they were back down.  So as frustrating as this has been, I hope we can figure something out soon.  My doctor just decided that if AF comes again in November, they will start me on Femara.  Hopefully this does the trick!  I'm not sure of the side effects but I'm sure I'll find out soon!  

Good luck to everyone!!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"