2nd Trimester

so how much do you share with your DH?

i share EVERYTHING with my DH.

he is truly my best friend and i go to him with everything. gross bodily functions and all. i even texted him this morning after my snot scare. im not ashamed to poop in front of him either.

am i just weird? please tell me some of you are the same with your DH.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: so how much do you share with your DH?

• I'm like you, except that my husband is NOT okay with it at all. He yells at me for farting, and when I forget to close the door while I'm pooping.

ETA - Once I got a tampon stuck (NO idea how that happened, I think it was one of those ridiculous OB ones) and I started freaking out about it. He absolutely refused to help me at all. He wouldn't even come near the bathroom! I was crying on the verge of a panic attack and he was all, "EW! That's so gross!" Ok, but it's ok to stick other things in there? I mean really?

• DH is my best friend. I tell him everything and he lets me know I do with "You told me that 3 times already." Shuush goober, you're supposed to let me vent.

He is not allowed to come in the potty room though. I draw the line. I don't watch you poop so back the hell up when I'm doing it. He watched the c-section with Emma. When I was in recovery feeling sorry for myself that I didn't get to have a vbac he's telling me "You did so great! You have no idea what I saw you go through. That was worse than any vbac!"

We talk to each other all the time and there are times we do grind each others nerves but I think that is part of marriage. I love him more now than I did when we got married and on my drive home I am still excited to see him get home from work every day.

• Loading the player...
  • LOL I'm the same way lol and he's like "do you really have to tell me all these things!" and laughs :D
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFetus Ticker

imageimage

• Nope not wierd.  If I have to go through this, he's gonna hear about it LOL.  Last night I had him look at an ingrown hair in my Hoo-ha and get it out....so we're pretty comfortable with each other.  He actually said "let me look at it and I'll fix it for you."  He's not easily grossed out, so it works.  Though I felt a lot better afterwards, I would have rather him be doing something else down there LOL! 
    image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I also share everything with my DH.  Like you said, he is my best friend and we are very rarely apart from each other.  Everything except the pooping/farting/bathroom door open thing!  But the snot scare would be something I would share!

Gunnar is my IVF miracle...after 4 years of TTC...Two cycles of IVF...Our little dude blessed us with his birth...I thank God everyday for him. Lilypie First Birthday tickers PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • We're totally open. He is my best friend and totally supportive. Remember the ass pimple on our honeymoon? Ugh.

I still don't want to poop in front of him though...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My hubby and I are pretty much open bout everything. The only thing is I cannot poop in front of him lol. I can do pretty much anything else but that. But I can definatly talk to him about it or anything bodily related. He's very open with me as well about that stuff. We are pretty much open books. Although he does grumble at me for all the gas  I pass around him these days LOL.
    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    By lilenatalem at 2012-01-28 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH is my BEST friend.  We share everything you mentioned.  I know some couples prefer to keep some of the gross details private, but DH and I find humor in a lot of it - childish yes, but that is just us.  Plus, I like the comfort we have and lack of embarrassment re: uncomfy or gross issues.  It is nice not to have to worry about being embarrassed in front of DH.  I consider myself very lucky to be married to my best friend.  I love him and could not imagine my life with anyone else.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am not embarrased to talk about anything with H.  He was seen it all at my best and worst.  But I am a super private person, so I don't share a lot unless I feel that it is relevant, or something that I want/need him to help me with.  I would not talk bleeding with anyone.  I barely like talking about bodily functions in my own head let alone saying it out loud.  Even to him.
            image image  image 
    To be loved, and to be in love
  • We talk about everything but we dont do everything in front of eachother. Always closed door during bathroom visits except for the occasional peeing. One thing I am very very fortunate for is that my hubby does not fart in front of me! I told him from the beginning it is rude and sicks me out and if he needs to he can go in another room and he does :)
  • We are the same way and I would rather hang out with him than any of my friends...although I do have girls night out occasionaly.

The only thing we don't do is poop in front of eachother...but really I can't think of anyone that I would! lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You're not alone! We are a little too open for most people. I also tell my DH everything that goes on with my body, since I am pregnant he's actually interested in every single thing.

Some people just are that comfortable though, and that's okay too.

My sweet girl born April 17, 2011. http://i52.tinypic.com/dzw4md.jpg
  • I draw the line at actually going to the bathroom in front of him - I'm a private pooer, what can I say.

But I do tell him everything and anything to do with what's going on, and he is now as invested in my bowel situation as I am, after the events of Tuesday (ER for impacted bowel).

I would say there is is no topic that is off limits for us, esp. in pregnancy. He's been with me through all of this, including the RE appointments and testing, so whatever boundries there were really have been eliminated.

• Oh yeah, everything. We're completely ourselves around each other, and myself includes the pooping, farting, gross bodily excrements and all. We both draw the line at wiping, lol. No one in the room for that.

He thought the time when I was puking and peed on myself at the same time was totally hilarious. If I didn't feel so horrible, I would've laughed along with him.

imagePregnancy Ticker
  • wow...we share EVERYTHING. but like most of you other ladies, the only thing we don't do in front of eachother is pooing. EEWWW!
  • Girl I tell my hubby everything.  He is my best friend too!  I fart in front of him, poop, etc.  I think that's how it should be.  If you can't be real with your husband who can you be real with!

You are not weird!  That's a healthy realtionship :)

Baby number 2 is on the way!! 1st - Kyla Faulk born 2/23/2011 My Wedding Bio BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageskio:

He thought the time when I was puking and peed on myself at the same time was totally hilarious. If I didn't feel so horrible, I would've laughed along with him.

Glad to know that I'm not the only one that has done that :)

• imagerobs867:
    DH is my BEST friend.  We share everything you mentioned.  I know some couples prefer to keep some of the gross details private, but DH and I find humor in a lot of it - childish yes, but that is just us.  Plus, I like the comfort we have and lack of embarrassment re: uncomfy or gross issues.  It is nice not to have to worry about being embarrassed in front of DH.  I consider myself very lucky to be married to my best friend.  I love him and could not imagine my life with anyone else.

i swear we were sisters in another life!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Everything- good, bad, ugly or indifferent.   Smile

• imageTG508:

imagerobs867:
    DH is my BEST friend.  We share everything you mentioned.  I know some couples prefer to keep some of the gross details private, but DH and I find humor in a lot of it - childish yes, but that is just us.  Plus, I like the comfort we have and lack of embarrassment re: uncomfy or gross issues.  It is nice not to have to worry about being embarrassed in front of DH.  I consider myself very lucky to be married to my best friend.  I love him and could not imagine my life with anyone else.

i swear we were sisters in another life!

Wink

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am totally like this! I went poop while he was in the shower the other day and then showed it to him (I thought it had a weird color or something). He just laughs at me and gives me a look like "you are so weird". 

Edit: He is pretty weird too though. He was reading me a book the other day on pregnancy and every time he said the word vag!na he started giggling.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If something is interesting, I'll share it.  But we have a closed door bathroom policy and I don't think I would text him something gross.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • we both tell each other everything... however, the pooping is kept private I can't even pee if he's in the bathroom with me... I know he totally wouldn't have a problem watching me poop but I sure do.
  • I'm the same way.  DH laughs sometimes...but none of it bothers him!
    Loving life with DH, DS (5), DD and Angel Baby DS watching down from Heaven! We are excited to be trying for our final LO! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelilbit923:

We talk to each other all the time and there are times we do grind each others nerves but I think that is part of marriage. I love him more now than I did when we got married and on my drive home I am still excited to see him get home from work every day.

You just made me tear up at work thanks! Smile Prego hormones...anyway, this is exactly how I feel about DH too.  I don't share everything with him, he gets a little icked out with some of the more bathroom related PG symptoms.  This was how he was long before I got KU'd though, he always has a cow if I fluffy in front of him or if I "blow up the bathroom" so I knew that going into all this.  He has been very understanding of when I don't feel good or if I'm overly tired - normally he's one of those "suck it up and tough it out" kinda guys and that has made me stronger and better able to deal with these things, but it is also nice to have him be more nurturing than he usually is.

• we are just like you.  i don't getting all bent out of shape about taking a dump or farting or talking about how bad your period sucks.  sorry - it's a human thing that's bound to happen and if you can't deal with it you're a big ol' p-word.

that said,  i'm not going to have burping contests or anything with him, but yeah...

• We are the same way. I give him blow by blow descriptions of everything that happens to me and he does the same. I don't know why we aren't grossed out by any of that. Sometimes when he watches me throw up or pee myself I am worried that he won't find me sexy later but that hasn't happened so far.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageCutieBean79:
    If something is interesting, I'll share it.  But we have a closed door bathroom policy and I don't think I would text him something gross.

Same here. I like our closed door bathroom policy! I tease him if he stinks up the bathroom and we occasionally fart in front of each other--oh, and recently I've plucked my eyebrows in front of him, etc.

5 years together and I think *some* secrets are ok. :)

Photobucket Alice Julia - born 3/25/11
  • Everything except the pooping.  I'll pee with the door open and fart in front of him, but I just want to be alone when I poop. 
  • imageCTGirl30:

DH and I are pretty open with each other - we're not ashamed to discuss things like 'roids (yup, he's seen the one I have) or gas or the bleeding I had around 9 weeks, etc.  We're adults in our 30's - one would hope we can talk frankly about bodily functions w/o getting all "sqqqueeeee!  Ew, you make poopy?" about it.

We don't have an open bathroom door policy, however. Some things can be talked about it, IMO, but should be kept private. I don't need to see any of that and vice versa.  ;-)

This is how we are too. Discussion are one thing, but I'd like to keep some of the mystery/romance alive. LoL.  

• Everything!  He really is my best friend.  We were probably made closer by moving around so much and being away from family and friends.  Oh and it could be the 12 years we have been together too Big Smile  We have a total open door policy in our house.  In one of the poop posts earlier someone mentioned how she had some of the best conversations with DH while one of them was pooping and it really is true.  DH and I have great conversations in the bathroom!

Rachel and Jeff Married 5.29.05

Jason is 8

Elizabeth is 6

Katherine is 18 months 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I fart, poop, pee, burp in front of my DH.  He doesn't care.  He knows about my constipation issues, my bleeding/spotting during week 7 & 8.  I once had a tampon issue very similar to what a pp mentioned, my DH literally helped me out by taking it out.  I can't complain about things like that when it comes to him.
  • DH is my best friend too, so almost nothing is off limits, except when I am pooing, he isn't even allowed to talk to me through the door during that.

• HAHA!!! I'm so glad we're not the only ones. There is NOTHING sacred in my family...matter of fact, close friends and family beware, my husband will not spare you a barking spider, and will not hesitate to blame it on the dog! LOL! We literally talk about everything with each other, and as far as skin issues are concerned- I'm a licensed aesthetician, so it's my job to preen him! :)
  • He's my best friend too and frankly one of my only friends since our move out here. We share everything. Though the bathroom door is open though, I still don't like to poop in front of him. I yell for him to stay around the corner in the living room
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

• Mine is my best friend too. We share everything, gross stories but not going to the bathroom while the other one is in the room.
  • imageskio:

Oh yeah, everything. We're completely ourselves around each other, and myself includes the pooping, farting, gross bodily excrements and all. We both draw the line at wiping, lol. No one in the room for that.

This exactly. We love that we can share everything, even the gross stuff!

• You are not weird Stick out tongue

My DH and I are the same way. Been that way for the past 9 years!

I even texted him that I now have T-rex arms because belly is so big it's hard to wipe. He said he LOL'd at his desk. 

What's the point in being married if you can't laugh and share, right?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I don't disagree with people who are that comfortable with their partners, but for me personally I like to keep the "gross" stuff to myself. I just want to remain sexy to him - and though it might be cute to fart or poop, it's definetly NOT sexy. I remember in a previous relationship I did all that gross stuff infront of my ex and I never thought it changed anything, actually I felt a twinge of trust being that comfortable. BUT with my fiance now, unless I feel disadvantaged about not telling him about something ie. bodily functions then if it's gross I keep it to myself. I tell him about everything else, and if I was sick on the toilet or something then yes I'd tell him, but that's the difference between "nice to know" and "need to know". Just my opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"