3rd Trimester

Finish this sentence: Something DH doesn't know about me is...

It doesn't have to be scandalous--and I bet our DH's have a few for us, too!

Something DH doesn't know about me is: I rarely listen when he starts talking sports. And I want to press the "eject" button every time his road rage starts up. But with how I act, you'd think I was 1) fascinated with sports and 2) I totally agree with his ridiculous reasoning for getting upset at someone for going only 5 over the speed limit.

I'm a coward, I know, but it keeps the peace! Stick out tongue

Re: Finish this sentence: Something DH doesn't know about me is...

• I absolutely HATE hearing him talk about work. I know how much it upsets him, and I just hate hearing him recount the day's events. I feel so bad.

• Sometimes after he's been playing Halo Reach for 3+ hours, I screw up the house network (of which he doesnt understand a thing) so he'll wrap it up.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagedesignermusings:
    Sometimes after he's been playing Halo Reach for 3+ hours, I screw up the house network (of which he doesnt understand a thing) so he'll wrap it up.

Amazing!! 

• imageLindseykaz:

imagedesignermusings:
    Sometimes after he's been playing Halo Reach for 3+ hours, I screw up the house network (of which he doesnt understand a thing) so he'll wrap it up.

Amazing!! 

lol!!!

• imagedesignermusings:

I NEED to learn how to do this! My DH plays Modern Warfare (idk which one) FOR HOURS on end!!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm due in 3 weeks and pretty much the whole time I've been pregnant I've told him it's not safe to wash my hair because if I raise my arms over my head it can cause the cord to wrap around the baby's neck. So every single day, he washes my hair for me.

I absolutely love getting my hair cut just because it feels sooo good when someone else washes your hair haha. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That he sometimes makes me feel stupid when he gets to talking about mechanics, work, taxes, finances, bank crap. Just anything like that. I thought I was pretty well informed until I met him and I just feel so in the dark, but I read a lot on the internet and a lot of books trying to figure this stuff out without having to ask him.

• I never pay attention to him when he is talking about investing money and blah blah.  I know that I should care because we have a family , but I just don't care. I tune him out until he is finished talking. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagehermione76:
    I never pay attention to him when he is talking about investing money and blah blah.  I know that I should care because we have a family , but I just don't care. I tune him out until he is finished talking. 

I know, I'm totally screwed in this aspect if (God forbid) something happens to him!

• imageSookieFrackhouse:

imagehermione76:
    I never pay attention to him when he is talking about investing money and blah blah.  I know that I should care because we have a family , but I just don't care. I tune him out until he is finished talking. 

I know, I'm totally screwed in this aspect if (God forbid) something happens to him!

I am in the same boat. He takes care of all of our finances. He is just so good at it, and he loves making budgets and all of that fun stuff. So..I just let him deal , and I don't worry about it .  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am not terribly knowledgeable about his job.  DH is a news reporter for the local NBC station.  I majored in telecommunications in college for 2 years, but dropped it because I was not terribly good at the technical (camera, editing, etc) side of it.  He thinks I know what he is talking about when he comes home from work and starts talking about VOSOTs.  Yeah, not so much.  But how can I tell him that after 8 years of deception? Devil
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • When he starts talking mechanics and boats I kind of tune him out.  I nod and smile and pretend im' listening - but I don't understand anything that he says about it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When I first met my husband, I did not find him attractive.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My husband referees basketball on the side during the season and now he is doing college ball which is a big deal and he always talks about it and I honestly couldnt give 2 sh*ts about it. I try to act supportive but I seriously do not care.
  • imagehuffman627:

I'm due in 3 weeks and pretty much the whole time I've been pregnant I've told him it's not safe to wash my hair because if I raise my arms over my head it can cause the cord to wrap around the baby's neck. So every single day, he washes my hair for me.

I absolutely love getting my hair cut just because it feels sooo good when someone else washes your hair haha. 

Hahaha, I can't believe he bought this, and is doing it every day!!  You've got some balls, girl ;) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageharleyjo:
    imagehuffman627:

I'm due in 3 weeks and pretty much the whole time I've been pregnant I've told him it's not safe to wash my hair because if I raise my arms over my head it can cause the cord to wrap around the baby's neck. So every single day, he washes my hair for me.

Hahaha, I can't believe he bought this, and is doing it every day!!  You've got some balls, girl ;) 

haha. I know. But it's gotten kind of annoying because now if I'm tryint to reach up for ANYTHING he freaks out and runs to my rescue to get it for me. I'm only 5'4" so I have to stand on my tippy toes and reach as high as I can if there is something I want thats in a cabinet over the fridge or something. He also moved our entire closet around so that I wouldn't have to raise my arms to reach any of my clothes haha. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagetiffanyp:
    When I first met my husband, I did not find him attractive.

THIS! but now I'm completely in love with everything about him.. the weird part is he is more self conscience now than he was when we 1st got together. 

• I am so tired of him being number 1 and saying Im a B!@#$ all of the time that Im packing his bags after the baby comes. He is never wrong and I am supose to do everything heaven forbid I can not get dinner cooked. I want to yell at him Hey moron its 2010 and I have my own oppinion!
  • imagehuffman627:

OMG I love your photos! My dog is a mix of those two - he is a "Bug" boston and pug ; )

• imageconley81:
    I am so tired of him being number 1 and saying Im a B!@#$ all of the time that Im packing his bags after the baby comes. He is never wrong and I am supose to do everything heaven forbid I can not get dinner cooked. I want to yell at him Hey moron its 2010 and I have my own oppinion!

Yikes... I'm sorry to hear that. Best of luck!

• Ok, I feel dumb, but what does DH stand for?
    January Siggy Challenge June '15 Moms: Pinterest Fails

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• haha some of these crack me up. I can't stand when he talks about work because he is in the military and right now he is taking a course. When he talks about shot projection and such I tune out most of the time until there is something I can fake listening to, then I say something hoping he thinks that I have been paying attention. Oh and I fake orgasms. I've never had one with intercourse, but whatever gets it done with :)
  • WISH I could do this, but DH is a cryptologic tech for the NAVY =( .... and he played WoW 13+ hours a day.... more under control now that we're expecting and I threw a temper tantrum...
  • me too...... he chased me for months and months and finally I gave him a chance..... now we're as happy as peas in a pod =)
  • imageconley81:
    I am so tired of him being number 1 and saying Im a B!@#$ all of the time that Im packing his bags after the baby comes. He is never wrong and I am supose to do everything heaven forbid I can not get dinner cooked. I want to yell at him Hey moron its 2010 and I have my own oppinion!

Good for you! You are worth more than that!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • When I bought a pregnancy test I bought a 2 pack and did one at home while he was at work on weekend. When DH asked me if I thought I was pregnant I said yes but I didn't tell him I did one of the tests. So one friday morning before work I woke him up and we did the second test together. But as far as he knows that was the only pregnancy test and we found it positive together.
  • When I bought a pregnancy test I bought a 2 pack and did one at home while he was at work on weekend. When DH asked me if I thought I was pregnant I said yes but I didn't tell him I did one of the tests. So one friday morning before work I woke him up and we did the second test together. But as far as he knows that was the only pregnancy test and we found it positive together. DS is now 3 months old haha. I'll probly tell him some day I did the first test alone.
  • My DH doesn't know that I couldn't be happier our two daughters are my little replicas, even though I always say they have certain strong features of his. And how much I HATE hearing him complain about how uncomfortable and achy he is. Hello? I'm pregnant with number 3 and trying to chase down the first two...
  • I tend to tune out whenever he starts talking about work...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!  Just thinking about it makes me sleepy.  He is starting to catch on as I am not able to stay as "focused" when he is talking about work. I think it is pregnancy brain.
  • DH does not know that while I know deep down inside he is the kindest most gentle human being on the face of the earth and very sensitive. His mocho front he puts on in front of eveyone else make him look like a total @$$hole and this is why no one likes. I still have all my true friends from school and even some of his older friends he still hangs out with love me but shy away from him a little b/c of it. I wish he was comfortable being himself all of the time. I love who he is even if it is a big sensitive sissy guy!
  • imageconley81:

Ugh, I know what you mean. My husband works, and I stay at home with our baby, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have to do anything once he's home. I feel like I do a lot on my own. I'm also attending school online, so it's been tough for me. So, having to juggle housework, plus the baby, plus school. It's exhausting and at times I feel as if I had two babies. 

• imagedesignermusings:

LOL I love that! I'd do the same thing except he knows way more about the network than I do and can fix anything that isn't like, permanently broken! 

Jude Wayne - Born 4/23/10 Violet Patricia - Born 12/5/12 Breastfeeding, baby-wearing work-at-home mom of 2 living in Rockville, MD
  • i wish i could do the same!! teach me. Ha. unfortunatly the game my hubby plays is not online. :(

why not just smash the system? .. :D

• My DH doesn't know the EXACT numbers of sexual partners I've had... I guess it's fairly typical but that's the one thing he doesn't know about me.

BTW, that hair washing scheme is GENIUS!

Though I have to admit, these last few weeks have seen my DH run a bath for me every night and bathe me. I tell him that if he doesn't I won't be able to sleep at all at night and then he won't be able to get some lovin' before he heads out to work! ANYTHING FOR THE NOOKIE, he says, so he does it, lavender bubbles and all! Devil

I can't sleep worth a damn anyway...but the baths are really relaxing tho'!

• same here. I actually called my best friend and was telling him about how I met this guy who had an awesome personality, seemed like an amazing guy and that the only problem was that I wasn't attracted to him. ha well, looks like I got over that. =D but I have to admit, I do truly find myself attracted to him now.
  • My DH doesn't know that I don't want to hear about his meetings at the fire company or HAZMAT nor do I want to hear about the calls.  All I care is that he comes home in one piece.  While he knows his stuff and is very well trained, I still dread getting the call that he has been hurt and I don't even want to think about anything worse than that. 
  • imagedesignermusings:

I can't do this to mine because he's the one that set it up! XD

• imagehuffman627:

You are genius! MH comes from a family of 3 brothers, so he doesn't undersand "girl problems" that well. I love taking advantage of that when AF arrives. He's especially sweet now that we are TTC and he knows that when AF does arrive, it's about a million times worse. I might just try the hair-washing thing when I'm PG.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"